Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

My phone heats up like crazy!

Hello everyone.

While I'm playing the game on the phone, it really heats up like it's overusing all of my phone resources. I can't play more than one or two games in a row because my phone becomes too hot to hold on my hands, and I'm afraid by playing long games I might damage my battery or the phone's circuits.

So far this is the only game that causes my phone to overheat (not even on Pokémon Go I experience this), which is rather strange because I bought my phone last year and it was not one of the cheapest ones (Xiaomi 12). I was wondering if anyone else experiences this? Are there any plans for a "light" version of this game without all the unnecessary visual effects so the phone isn't overcharged? Or at least some way to change the configuration for less demanding visual effects?

I play the game because it's a fun way to test deck ideas, but if some better done fan game comes along, I will switch without even hesitating.

Comments

• Mod_Champion
    Mod_Champion Moderator Posts: 143 ✭✭
    25 LOLs Second Anniversary 100 Comments First Answer

Hello, Trainer,

We want to make sure the proper team has visibility on this. To submit this to the support team, visit support.pokemon.com then click the Pokémon Trading Card Game Live link. From there click "Contact Us". Please provide additional details and attach screenshots, card expansion & number, or anything else helpful that could give the team more context. We appreciate you reporting this and sending us additional information.

• 10types
    10types Member Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees 5 Answers 25 Likes Name Dropper

Yeah I was in the deck builder on my brand new computer and almost burned my hand

• 10types
    10types Member Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees 5 Answers 25 Likes Name Dropper

also twinleaf

• Frade
    Frade Member Posts: 12
    First Answer 10 Comments 5 Agrees Name Dropper

Hi @Mid_Champion

This is an ongoing issue that many people have experienced and reported. As far as we can tell, this issue is not being addressed by the developers.

• Quindorrian
    Quindorrian Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

On my iPad, the game drains battery wayyyyyyy too fast. One match drains 10% of my battery. I have never seen a game drain a battery like this on my iPad. Makes no sense at all.

• PachirisuFan1
    PachirisuFan1 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes First Anniversary 100 Comments

I've noticed the drain gradually improves with use seemingly because it caches the card images over time....but then that cache gets tossed every time the app updates and it heats into overtime all over again. It also drains a bit more slowly off the charger vs with a charger plugged in – but with so much drain I would obviously rather have the charger plugged in.