Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Please put the Time Zone in the maintenance message/pop-up going forward.

Options
OU7C4ST
OU7C4ST Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
First Anniversary First Comment Name Dropper 5 Agrees

Hello,

Quite a few people across different platforms get confused when they see the maintenance message pop-up that would just say "08:00 - 13:00", with no indication of Time Zone.

If TPCi could include that going forward, that'd be awesome, and cut down on quite a bit of confusion.

Thank you!

Comments

• jon11w
    jon11w Member Posts: 165 ✭✭✭
    5 Agrees First Anniversary First Comment 5 LOLs
    Options

This would be a very helpful update - I'm not from the USA so the times don't mean much to me without a time zone.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,609 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

Wait, is there a maintenance message there now?

• TPCi_CursedSoup
    TPCi_CursedSoup Administrator Posts: 249 admin
    First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Great callout! Thank you for the feedback, I let the team know, and it's being looked into.

For the time being, I have the time zone listed out on the "Maintenance & Hotfix Thread" I created for these moving forward - https://community.pokemon.com/en-us/categories/tcg-news-announcements

• TechHog
    Options

@TPCi_CursedSoup Just for clarity and my own curiosity: Do you use "hotfix" and "update" interchangeably or is there a difference for a major client update?

• TPCi_CursedSoup
    TPCi_CursedSoup Administrator Posts: 249 admin
    First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    Options

Of course. For the sake of clarity and no confusion for anyone moving forward, I'll make sure not to use those words interchangeably.

We will have "Maintenance" like we did today, covering anything outside of a client update. A "Hotfix," which we'll make sure to call out accordingly. Then our "Updates" which are client changes.

• Aysher16
    Aysher16 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Just want to bump this. New to the TCG experience as of this weekend and was looking forward to some matches after work (I get home after 17:00). I suspect the “home” of the maintenance is a different time zone than me since it’s now almost 19:00 and still unavailable although the message says estimated to be over at 16:00. Either something has gone wrong with the maintenance or a time zone in the message would be greatly beneficial!

• Ryxie
    Ryxie Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

Another reminder to please use this feedback! It’s really an easy fix that would help out a lot :)

• faegesubsig
    faegesubsig Member Posts: 16
    Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

So this was requested nearly a year ago and has still not been implemented?

• TechHog
    Options