Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.
[Pokémon TCG Live] Update Notice

Pokémon TCG Live is scheduled to receive an update at 17:00 (UTC) on October 6, 2026.
Please see the Version 1.43.0 - Patch Notes for more information.

pokemon daggerheart session 5

1…2122232527

Comments

  • Hades0918
    Hades0918 Member Posts: 28,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5,000 LOLs 25000 Comments 5,000 Agrees 5,000 Likes
  • clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 8,834 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2,500 Agrees 2,500 Likes 5000 Comments 1,000 LOLs
  • Lonestar85
    Lonestar85 Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,500 Likes 2500 Comments 500 LOLs 500 Agrees

    Heh so lobbing it like a grenade and 30 ft blast radius is pretty nice. Direct damage too so Rune Ward does nothing.

  • Lonestar85
    Lonestar85 Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,500 Likes 2500 Comments 500 LOLs 500 Agrees
    edited September 19 #246

    You sure? Sprigs learns Seed Bomb at level 17. It's an 80 base power Grass move. No idea what the damage dice will be but it surely won't be D4 on Leafage(or w/e your Pokemon move is).

    You also need to pick a new Experience and a level 2 Domain card from Grace or Midnight(or pick a level 1 you don't have yet).

  • Hades0918
    Hades0918 Member Posts: 28,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5,000 LOLs 25000 Comments 5,000 Agrees 5,000 Likes

    I thought I got a new move!

    Listen, my brain is done for the day

    Sorry

    Yes, I'd rather a move but I prefer Razor Leaf

    And as for Domain card I'll look it up later

  • Lonestar85
    Lonestar85 Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,500 Likes 2500 Comments 500 LOLs 500 Agrees

    New move is among your level up options but @clasingla hasn't determined what those would be yet for everyone. Mine would either be Ice Shard(level 8), Spite(level 12) or Icy Wind(level 16) because I opted for Powder Snow and Tail Whip. Confuse Ray(level 20) and Aurora Beam(level 24) would be after that but seeing as we're level 2 Daggerheart characters, I figured nothing above a level 20 move would be an option.

    For me specifically, Ice Shard is a priority move like Quick Attack so it'd possibly have a lower Hope cost while Icy Wind behaves like Electroweb but instead of Electric, it's Ice and can hit multiple enemies(so it's a solid area of effect move with a speed debuff). I just didn't feel Icy Wind was worth it yet.

    For Sprigs, you got Bite(level 7), Magical Leaf(level 13), Quick Attack(level 15) and Seed Bomb(level 17) as possible options but again I don't know how high up in terms of level we can go. U-Turn is level 21 but that's above level 20. Being an 80 power move, if Seed Bomb was permitted, id think 2D6 + Spellcast trait would be the damage for it.

    If I were in your shoes, I'd do Rain of Blades(level 1 Midnight), Inspirational Words(level 1 Grace) or Midnight Spirit(level 2 Midnight) for Domain card pick via level up reward. Then upgrade stats(+1 Finesse and +1 Knowledge(bringing them to +1 and +0 respectively)), and either a new Pokemon move, +1 Evasion or boosting stats again(say Presence and Instinct for +3 and +1 respectively). Note your ancestry bumps Presence and Agility by 1 so you presently have +3 Agility and +2 Presence because of that.

    For new Experience, honestly I don't know what fits Catsuki. The reason id not bother with upgrading Experiences is the opportunity cost and how frequently you'd use Liar and Charming(or whatever your new Experience turns out to be). Now if you were Nom and a School of Knowledge Wizard, then upgrading Experiences has double the impact(they get x2 benefit when using their Adept perk so a +3 Experience would be +6.. which is insane).

    As for downtime moves, repairing your Armor seems prudent. Not sure what I'd do for the other one. Maybe continue your Long Term project to boost your Traits via Training(to work on Finesse and maybe push it to +2 with the +1 level up boost). @clasingla would have to approve it though.

    TLDR: Just do what you want. You have to pick a Level 2 or lower Domain Card, a new Experience, change up Domain card loadout(optional), do two downtime moves and then do two level up options. Options are posted on previous page.

  • Hades0918
    Hades0918 Member Posts: 28,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5,000 LOLs 25000 Comments 5,000 Agrees 5,000 Likes

    Since Razor Leaf isn't option I'll take Bite

    I would want to increase Finesse and Strength, actually

    Tell No Lies and Troublemaker are what I'm wanting...

    I'll go Troublemaker (fits Catsuki better)

  • Lonestar85
    Lonestar85 Member Posts: 3,164 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,500 Likes 2500 Comments 500 LOLs 500 Agrees
    edited September 19 #250

    Sprigs doesn't learn Razor Leaf. 🤷🙅 Troublemaker Domain card it is. Will want a strong Presence for that. Finesse and Strength brings it to +1 and +2 respectively. Still sticking to +1 Experiences or you going to change that level up option to learning Bite? If not which Experiences get it and remember you have to generate a new one by reaching Tier 2. The new one you create can benefit from +1 Experience option.

  • Hades0918
    Hades0918 Member Posts: 28,262 ✭✭✭✭✭
    5,000 LOLs 25000 Comments 5,000 Agrees 5,000 Likes

    I'm sticking with Bite

    So I need to make a new Experience, too?