Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.
[Pokémon TCG Live] Update Notice

Pokémon TCG Live is scheduled to receive an update at 17:00 (UTC) on October 6, 2026.
Please see the Version 1.43.0 - Patch Notes for more information.

What is a gaming oddity you own (or wish to own)

2

Comments

  • Voltareon2012
    Voltareon2012 Member Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,500 Likes 1,500 LOLs 2500 Comments 1,000 Agrees

    Rabbids themed wii board thingy. So you're stepping all over this rabbids face while you do minigames.

  • Lonestar85
    Lonestar85 Member Posts: 3,114 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,500 Likes 2500 Comments 500 LOLs 500 Agrees

    I don't own anything odd per se but I did play OLD games that no longer exist like this one:

    It's as OLD as Pokémon so yes I'm old as bleep. Only had two factions in Confederates and Rebels. There were Independent systems and of course Pirates but otherwise it was primarily Confed vs. Rebel path.

    Sequel game that is actually really good. Id argue it's the best one because United Earth is a big reason why heh. Expanded upon the number of factions and easily doubled, if not tripled the size of the Universe.

    The third and final installment that was Mac and Windows capable. Permitted you to play the first two on its engine despite the first two being exclusives to MacOS(hence Windows users could experience what started it). This final installment has six story paths and a Universe that is roughly double that of Override so it's massive.

    Basically a sandbox Space RPG.

    One more game that warrants a mention: Starbound and not what you think it is or a game that predates even EV above. They made a sequel that I didn't get to experience but looked to be ahead of its time with various ship classes and custom ship designs for each class(which for someone on an OLD Mac before Civilization series took off was basically my 4x experience).

    Then there's this gem that's been revived thanks to mods.

    They're on v1.4 and I cry each time I watch a video since I don't have joystick hardware.

  • Dragonfly102024
    Dragonfly102024 Member Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2,500 Likes 1,500 Agrees 1,000 LOLs 2500 Comments

    😂😂😂 I would have loved that! (and know some other people who would have loved it too)

    Raving Rabbids remind me sooooo much of Minions 😁💛

  • Voltareon2012
    Voltareon2012 Member Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,500 Likes 1,500 LOLs 2500 Comments 1,000 Agrees

    they should seriously make more best party games EVER

  • Dragonfly102024
    Dragonfly102024 Member Posts: 4,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2,500 Likes 1,500 Agrees 1,000 LOLs 2500 Comments

    I've got: Raving Rabbids, Raving Rabbids 2, Travel in Time, & TV Party.... but sadly no board thingy. (😁).

    They make me laugh so much.

  • Voltareon2012
    Voltareon2012 Member Posts: 3,046 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,500 Likes 1,500 LOLs 2500 Comments 1,000 Agrees

    I know I love the music minigames those are the best ones, especially with friends who will try to sing along themselves

  • MonstaDash
    MonstaDash Member Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,500 Likes 2500 Comments 1,000 Agrees 500 LOLs

    I mean those are more common nowadays though, I mean even I have delisted demos. I have a demo for Kinectimals on my 360,

  • MonstaDash
    MonstaDash Member Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,500 Likes 2500 Comments 1,000 Agrees 500 LOLs

    I have a friend who has a golden LoZ cartridge, I think they were only made in gold.

  • MonstaDash
    MonstaDash Member Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭✭✭
    1,500 Likes 2500 Comments 1,000 Agrees 500 LOLs

    That is definitely a rare release it only being released in Italy for Europe. I also own a Japanese console and some Japanese games… despite not being able to speak Japanese. However due to no region locking for the PS3 it functions nearly identical to a NA PS3 minus the fact that Cross and Circle work similarly to a Nintendo console as in Cross being cancel and Circle being accept. Also for whatever reason Japanese games are significantly cheaper for certain games most of the time, not 100% sure why but that is the case.

  • TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 2,235 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2,500 Likes 1,500 Agrees 500 LOLs 1000 Comments

    Part of the reason I started studying Japanese was to be able to play Japanese games without having to wait for them to release in Europe (often months or years behind the American release, never mind the original Japanese one), or deal with awful localisations (which have somehow only gotten worse).

    English language games sell virtually everywhere, and are most in demand in America, one of the biggest gaming markets. Japanese language games by contrast are pretty much only in demand within Japan, at least when it comes to actually playing the games. Plus the weak yen makes them cheaper for people buying in USD, Euros or GBP.

    When I first arrived here, retro games and consoles were so cheap. You could easily get a lot of classic games on everything from the NES through to the Gamecube for a few hundred yen. I picked up so many SNES cartridges for just 100円 each. Even boxed copies of games rarely went more than 1000円.

    I picked up boxed copies of Pokémon Green and Yellow for 100円 each. I bought a Gamecube for 500円.

    Sadly the foreign collectors market has brought those days to an end. English language versions of older games and consoles are so expensive, collectors have resorted to coming to Japan to buy them out. The weak yen has made this proposition even more enticing for tourists and importers. As a result, stuff I once bought for pocket change now costs more than brand new games.

    I am now firmly in the camp that believes the worst thing that can happen to any hobby you enjoy is it becoming popular, and therefore marketable. Prices go up, quality goes down, and everything shifts to cater to the tourists who showed up last week and demand everything be as bland and accessible as everything else on the market.

    Then they get bored and move on to the next interesting thing to ruin, but the high prices and diminished quality remain.

    May everything you love always remain niché and modestly profitable.