Pokémon TCG Live is scheduled to receive an update at 17:00 (UTC) on October 6, 2026.
Please see the Version 1.43.0 - Patch Notes for more information.
Lets go
Lets go 18 votes
Comments
-
hello
0 -
hmmmm… let me guess…. Uhhh…. Hate?
2 -
I feel like it's betrayal to select "hate" in the literal Official Pokemon Forum
3 -
it would have been funny to be the contrarian vote for the lols
2 -
I view it from the context of the Lets GO games(aka Pikachu/Eevee) and if I base it on that then I'll reluctantly vote hate because I'm not a fan of the catching system, lack of abilities and no Gen 2/4/6 Evolutions of certain Kanto Pokémon that really would have helped certain lines(Horsea on particular, Ditto Onix) and would have made Lance and Bruno far more compelling for an opponent. I don't even mind Mega Evolution but if you're going to include that, then why not the Evolutions? Would have made Eevee(non-partner) a really difficult choice with 8 options.
0 -
What kind of blasphemy is this...
3 -
I don't think anyone who takes the time to join the official Pokémon forum hates Pokémon. It is often said of a number of franchises, "nobody hates [franchise] like [franchise] fans".
I think that is a gross mischaracterisation. Fans are highly critical not because they hate the object of their fandom. Or at least, they didn't hate it initially. They are critical because they loved it, they have seen the best in it, and they are concerned about the direction it may be taking.
It doesn't mean they are right, but it doesn't make them a blind hater either.
Do I love Pokémon? At its core, yes. It was one of the first RPGs I played, the base game loop is solid and it wouldn't have become the highest grossing media franchise on Earth if there had never been any merit to it.
Do I like the state of the Pokémon franchise right now? No.
I think it both rigidly sticks to its roots to the point of needlessly limiting its potential in some areas, while it seems too willing to abandon its foundation in others.
Despite the vast wealth and resources it generates, very little of it seems to make its way to the game development side, which would ensure the developers have enough time and money to fully realise a high quality home-console release of a modern Pokémon game.
And like many games franchises today, it seems all to eager to abandon its core game audience to pursue the mythical "wider audience". In Pokémon's case, this wider audience does exist, but they are not buying the games. They find turn-based RPGs boring, and have to be placated with features like the exp share so they are exposed to as little Pokémon gameplay as possible.
They are ruining the experience for Pokémon game fans in order to sell Pokémon games to people who otherwise do not want to play them. It is a fool's errand. My love of Pokémon has been stretched thin, and if they do make the games real-time as has been suggested in recent interviews, there will be nothing left for me here and I will be leaving the franchise for good.
Why waste my time on a franchise that does not want to sell me the gameplay experience it introduced me to in the first place, when there are plenty of others that relish that experience today?
So yes, though I love (or have loved) Pokémon, I am deeply concerned with the modern state of the franchise that I fear, despite my decades of loyalty, does not want me as a customer anymore.
3
