Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What is one beginner friendly pokemon that will introduce me to the basics?

Options

I'd love to know as I picked up the game again. I get the control basics and everything. But basics as in strategy, basics in teamwork, and basics in status effects.

If someone could help I'd greatly appreciate it! Thanks! 😁😁

Answers

• TTVelo_unite
    TTVelo_unite Member Posts: 2
    5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

Depending on your playstyle, eldegoss, pikachu and azumarill are all good beginner pokemon!

• darktainer001
    darktainer001 Member Posts: 81
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

charizard: is really good is easy to master, only thing is you better lv it first to lv 5.

it evolves in charmeleon, then try to score, then go back to leveling to 9 then go all out... within reason of course.

• Eminginjo
    Eminginjo Member Posts: 22
    Name Dropper 5 Agrees First Answer First Comment
    Options

charizard is pretty good as it introduces evolution, aiming and a balanced stats

• Pokeplay219
    Pokeplay219 Member Posts: 32
    5 Agrees 5 Likes First Comment Name Dropper
    ✭✭
    Options

Charizard is solid overall. Decent moves, easy to master, also just generally fun to play as.

• Ryguy77RL
    Ryguy77RL Member Posts: 10
    5 Agrees First Comment First Answer Photogenic
    Options

It depends what role you want to play on your team. If you like attacking Charizard, and Talonflame and Absol are some good starters. Defending Blastoise, and Crustle are good. If you like being a supporter, Hoopa and Blissey are good, but I would personally wait on supporters until you have a little bit more experience if you just started.

• Ryan373659
    Ryan373659 Member Posts: 19
    First Comment
    Options

Any legendary, cinderace, pikachu, or charizard or venausor (spell check me!!!) and most of the starters except eldgegoss

• NavyWooperz
    NavyWooperz Member Posts: 22
    5 Likes 5 Agrees First Answer First Comment
    Options

It’s venusaur I believe. In my opinion, eldegoss’s leaf tornado/cotton guard move set is pretty easy to use for a supporter.