Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Devs - what's going on with matchmaking?

Options
TheCrusader4
TheCrusader4 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
First Anniversary First Answer Photogenic Name Dropper

Many users, myself included, are experiencing increasingly long wait times when searching for matches. Earlier in the beta, I was usually able to restart the client or restart the matchmaking to get it to work, but recently I haven't been able to find a game at all in 20-30 minutes of queueing no matter what I do. I've seen users on other forums and social media reporting similar experiences.

Is this a bug or simply due to a lack of players? If it is a bug - do you have any recommendations for finding matches?

Comments

• SwimmerHans
    SwimmerHans Member Posts: 6
    5 Likes 5 Agrees
    Options

I haven’t been able to get a match in ranked or casual since Monday and even then it took a lot of time.

• jms99
    jms99 Member Posts: 10
    First Comment
    Options

Also generally having tons of trouble finding matches. Worse tonight than ever. Been trying for about 30 mins now.

• Tgurneu
    Tgurneu Member Posts: 37
    5 Likes Name Dropper 5 Agrees First Comment
    edited March 2022 #4
    Options

As a suggestion, sometimes the cancel button disappears (as if it were about to start a match), then it comes back. I tend to cancel and start matchmaking again as, at least from personal experience, it takes a long time for a new opponent to get matched (if it happens at all).

No real proof on this, just a personal case so YMMV :)

• TheCrusader4
    TheCrusader4 Member Posts: 22 ✭✭
    First Anniversary First Answer Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options

@Tgurneu - I've noticed this as well.