Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

My return to TCGL

The-Scro-MX
The-Scro-MX Member Posts: 4
Photogenic First Anniversary

Hello to all !

I would like to give a little feedback on my experience with TCGL.

Let's start with the positive points:

- The free decks are very nice and they are up to date compared to TCGO decks. This could make new players want to play versus.

- The exchange system (I'll call it more of a Craft system) which makes it easier to get the cards you want.

- When I saw three different currencies I was a bit afraid. 

- The combat pass and level bonuses are very interesting.

- the cumulative information directly displayed, as the number of damage that one inflicts, the monitoring of the active talents

the negative points :

- a lot of bugs: 

-- during a game the cards stay in front and block the game. when you give up you have a blank screen. only solution is to restart the game.

-- the avatars appear without clothes, hair etc.

-- impossible to access the battle pass after a game

-- impossible to test the decoder

-- adding friends BUG and does not show friends once accepted.

- rank balancing in ranked. falling on MasterBall when I'm ranked pokeball.

- the board is nice but fades, no more interest of the boxes because not even displayed, same for the tokens, the cards of bench which are reduced instead of being displayed in integral. no more animations at the time of the attacks. what makes the game fade. The board plays an animation when a pokemon enters in active according to its type. it would have been nice to put an animation and take shape when a stage is played for example and keep this shape as long as the card is active.

- the number of points needed to make the cards makes the system too weak to get them whatever the level of the cards

- the total loss of duplicate cards from TCGO to TCGL is frustrating. a small compensation would be nice (also protected cards, tokens etc. in duplicate)

- the caching function of the cards is gone.

- then certainly the new way of obtaining cards and implemented. but i find it a pity to remove the current exchange system. it was for me one of the most popular functions.

- some of the few animations are too long and even the countdown timer is completely weird because one time it takes 10 years before it appears or sometimes it appears too fast.

- the absence of an offline/history mode like the old one is really a shame.

improvements that would be desirable:

- in the ranking a system of fixed points when you win, but also a system of loss of points according to your rank when you lose. (for example rank Pokeball you win 20 points - loss 0 / rank superior win 20, lost 10 / rank masterball win 20, lost 20) this is only an example.

- as mentioned above, review the gameplay animations

- when looking at a large guard, instead of clicking on the cross to close it, click elsewhere to close it.

- an exclusive content for those who switch from TCGO to TCGL would be nice 

- create our deck or import our decks even if we don't have the cards in the inventory.

- Chat and pre-registered phrases would be nice to come back 

- a scroll bar to view the cards would be nice

- having access to the collection without going through the deck creator would be great

- clicking on the cards instead of moving the damage tokens or cards to be assigned

- having the ability to change our nickname

- an unmodified basic deck mode will be nice for novice players. Because this might scare away beginners who will come across high level players with more elaborate decks than beginners without knowledge or as mentioned before, have a matchmaking system adapted to the player and that would be balanced

I totally understand that the game is still in development and is still in beta. 

however i hope that the feedback can help the development team and hope that our feedback will be listened to!

what do you think of the feedback and do you see anything else to add?

Comments

• The-Scro-MX
    The-Scro-MX Member Posts: 4
    Photogenic First Anniversary

Bonjour à tous !

J’aimerais donner un petit retour sur mon expérience avec TCGL.

Commençons par les points positifs :

- Les decks gratuits sont très agréables et ils sont à jour par rapport aux decks TCGO. Cela pourrait donner envie à de nouveaux joueurs de jouer contre.

- Le système d’échange (je l’appellerai plus un système Craft) qui facilite l’obtention des cartes que vous voulez.

- Quand j’ai vu trois devises différentes, j’ai eu un peu peur.

- Le pass de combat et les bonus de niveau sont très intéressants.

- les informations cumulées directement affichées, comme le nombre de dégâts que l’on inflige, le suivi des talents actifs

les points négatifs :

- beaucoup de bugs :

- pendant une partie, les cartes restent devant et bloquent le jeu. lorsque vous abandonnez, vous avez un écran vide. la seule solution est de redémarrer le jeu.

- les avatars apparaissent sans vêtements, cheveux, etc.

-- impossible d’accéder au passe de combat après une partie

-- impossible de tester le décodeur

- ajout d’amis BUG et ne montre pas les amis une fois acceptés.

- rank balancing in ranked. falling on MasterBall when I'm ranked pokeball.

- the board is nice but fades, no more interest of the boxes because not even displayed, same for the tokens, the cards of bench which are reduced instead of being displayed in integral. no more animations at the time of the attacks. what makes the game fade. The board plays an animation when a pokemon enters in active according to its type. it would have been nice to put an animation and take shape when a stage is played for example and keep this shape as long as the card is active.

- the number of points needed to make the cards makes the system too weak to get them whatever the level of the cards

- the total loss of duplicate cards from TCGO to TCGL is frustrating. a small compensation would be nice (also protected cards, tokens etc. in duplicate)

- the caching function of the cards is gone.

- then certainly the new way of obtaining cards and implemented. but i find it a pity to remove the current exchange system. it was for me one of the most popular functions.

- some of the few animations are too long and even the countdown timer is completely weird because one time it takes 10 years before it appears or sometimes it appears too fast.

- the absence of an offline/history mode like the old one is really a shame.

- The mew-v deck offered in the Combat Pass. It is not even created as a deck automatically.

improvements that would be desirable:

- in the ranking a system of fixed points when you win, but also a system of loss of points according to your rank when you lose. (for example rank Pokeball you win 20 points - loss 0 / rank superior win 20, lost 10 / rank masterball win 20, lost 20) this is only an example.

- as mentioned above, review the gameplay animations

- when looking at a large guard, instead of clicking on the cross to close it, click elsewhere to close it.

- an exclusive content for those who switch from TCGO to TCGL would be nice 

- create our deck or import our decks even if we don't have the cards in the inventory.

- Chat and pre-registered phrases would be nice to come back 

- a scroll bar to view the cards would be nice

- having access to the collection without going through the deck creator would be great

- clicking on the cards instead of moving the damage tokens or cards to be assigned

- having the ability to change our nickname—an unmodified basic deck mode will be nice for novice players. Because this might scare away beginners who will come across high level players with more elaborate decks than beginners without knowledge or as mentioned before, have a matchmaking system adapted to the player and that would be balanced

I totally understand that the game is still in development and is still in beta. 

however i hope that the feedback can help the development team and hope that our feedback will be listened to!

what do you think of the feedback and do you see anything else to add?

• Betrayze
    Betrayze Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    25 Agrees 10 Comments First Anniversary First Answer

On this point

the total loss of duplicate cards from TCGO to TCGL is frustrating.

TBH you couldn't use those cards on PTCGO so I don't understand why its frustrating (they are useless to you). If you have any cards over 4 and they are worth anything you can always trade before you switch. So for me this is not a problem no matter how many extra cards you have.

My biggest negative is the currency vs season pass though. In ptcgo you can win like 6 packs every 2 weeks on your personal versus ladder If I remember rightly. On top of that you get a ton of coins to buy packs, you can also win coins from tournaments and grind out more from matches if your that way inclined. There is no ceiling. Within a month I was drowning in free packs which gave me 10 cards each. In live the season pass is over 3 months 6X as long as versus. Not to mention the packs you win that may seem a lot are around 30 packs I believe of 5 cards with a large box of rares. Therefore it was much easier to get packs on ptcgo and when your versus ladder was done you could still get packs. The 400 lock on packs also presents a massive problem thanks to even less packs and lower amounts of cards.

For me though I am not affected as I am happy to buy code cards but for somebody who is a f2p player this is a major hurdle. Those starting decks are only gonna last a few expansions to get ppl hooked. I am still certain all this evidence points to crystals eventually going to a premium currency once bugs are ironed out and they have a ton of f2p players hooked. Gotta set the bait first as they say before you can hook the fish.