Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

General Impression, rough edges, and other concerns of PTCGL

Clear_ZERO
Clear_ZERO Member Posts: 23
10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes

Hello! My name is Clear. I have played PTCGO since 2016, and so far I am pleased with what I see, but there is some things that I really cannot overlook, and they should be addressed. Keep in mind, I have been primarily been using mobile version, so I also will chip in a few opinion on the PC versions.

Positives:

• Cards move around relatively smoothly, I really like how on every discard, the game makes the effort for you to quickly verify the contents without the trouble of looking at the discard as your opponent is making plays.
  • Foil quality for STANDARD Format cards are excellent, and very true to its cardboard counterparts. I have quite a few things to say about the every foil in the Sun+Moon Block and below...
  • The credit system is very fair, and very affordable for people on a budget. I think the game would benefit from letting people buy Crystals, because right now, the gain for crystal is very small, and it is not possible to get new cards outside of getting codes.

Suggestions for improvement:

• I think the game can do both a F2P friendly and people who are willing to pay. It does not have to just plain shut out the idea of microtransactions. F2P can still get base rarity of cards to play the game at less than 3000 credits. Right now, the only way to get mass number of credits to buy codes, which does not benefit the developers directly, and I think that needs to change for this game to thrive.
  • An option to dismantle cards into credits would be a good idea, there are cards that people don't want more than one of, and being able to dismantle it will increase how affordable it is to make a deck, and not be disgruntled until more than 4 copies is obtained for it to get shop value.
  • App Stability has to be improved, on mobile, the game runs out of memory very fast, even a sudden jolt like a battery notification can crash the game.
  • Another thing is redeeming codes over the phone has extreme memory limitatons, anything more than 7 codes at a time can cause it to time out. This must be improved.
  • The battlefield is really dull and bare bones. Having options of playmats, and other ornaments on the play table would be a nice addition to making a good use of the coin currency.
  • There is no need to shrink the card size on the bench on desktop, there are enough space on the board for PC clients to park a bus in there. Let the full arts shine their best at the full size on a bigger screen.
  • Please have the option to send match opponent Friend requests, and give option to look at opponent's deck.
  • The foil quality for any of the Sun Moon block (and below) are HORRIBLE, they do not reflect with the card look like in real life. All the Secret Rares got that weird curtain streak, assuming the same foil curtain pattern as the Regular Art and Full arts. They are supposed to be embossed, and have a reflective shine. Some of the most horrible looking ones are the Rainbow Rares, and Special Secrets Rares. Please refer to Dialga-EX from Phantom Forces Special SR, or Reshiram Legendary Treasures Gold SR and be stunned. (You have been warned)

Bugs that needs to be fixed in Beta:

• It is not possible to exchange more than 1 foil basic energy normally pass the 4th copy. When either, one: total copy hits 4, OR two, 4 is exchanged at once. The option to exchange for more is gone forever. This needs to be fixed.
  • For whatever reason, all except for these 4 Ace Specs: G Booster, G Scope, Rock Guard, and Life Dew, are classfied as Pokemon instead of trainer cards. This will also need to be addressed.

I'm sure i will run into more issues later, and I will make another post then.

Cheers everybody,

Clear