Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

This games just no fun anymore

Options

Silver Tempest has ruined the fun for me, you either play a lugia counter and get destroyed by every other decent deck or play a decent deck and get destroyed by lugia. I COULD play Lugia but then that's the problem. It seems Lugia is so OP that it forces everybody to play Lugia. Decks like Palkia are just getting destroyed so quickly now and not worth playing. Lugia has shook the scene so much I have gone from 8 game wining streaks to losing over and over as I pick an anti lugia deck and get lost box or some other single prize that melts me. Or I play Urishfu or some other deck and get drawn solely against Lugia.

Comments

• Lambalazar
    Lambalazar Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes 5 LOLs 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

Did you watch Worlds? Two of the Top 8 were running hard Palkia counters, using Jolteons to shut down Inteleon because there were so many of them.

Lugia is no different, you just sound like you’re mad because Palkia isn’t good anymore. This is a game where you have to adapt.

• Betrayze
    Betrayze Member Posts: 83 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Agrees First Answer First Comment
    Options

Mad about Palkia? I just used that as example I have many decks. Stop being sour as you are clearly a lugia user.

• Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs First Answer 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

Palkia is not good anymore? Palkia Articuno has a free Lugia matchup if they're not playing Espeon Vmax, and even then is a close game.

Look at what top8 the 3 events last weekend, Lugia underperformed a lot because the top players adapted their decks to have a Favourable Lugia matchup without sacrifing their win percentages against lost box or Mew.

Oh, and the deck that won the event in Europe was Vikavolt Palkia

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

@Lambalazar Lugia doesn't have teachable counters.

• Lambalazar
    Lambalazar Member Posts: 100 ✭✭✭
    5 Likes 5 LOLs 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

lol, I’m not a Lugia player. I play Duraludon

• mellowtonin
    mellowtonin Member Posts: 6
    First Comment
    Options

If you have a problem with Lugia VSTAR, it's not a problem with Pokemon TCG Live, but the TCG in general.

• dragonkid2099
    dragonkid2099 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

I run Blissy with Lugia as a support role and just really huge fast draw power. I've been countered and lost before. I've also beaten lugia with my steel deck and grass deck soooooo....I think someones just sour because they lose and feel it's unfair instead of getting gud

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,615 ✭✭✭
    First Comment First Anniversary 5 Agrees 5 Likes
    Options

@dragonkid2099 Your version of the deck isn't op. In fact, it's pretty bad. I don't know why so many people on Live think Lugia/Blissey is viable. It's just bad lol

• digital__josh
    digital__josh Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    Options

The bigger issue isn't Lugia, it's the fact that building a Lugia counter on Live is expensive and the games doesn't give you enough in

• EmpresPalpatina
    EmpresPalpatina Member Posts: 12
    5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

I am frustrated about the Lugia decks, but my reason is a little bit different from Betrayze. I love Pokemon, because there is a lot of creativity that goes into deck building. I look forward to seeing the deck that my next opponent has made and then figuring out a strategy to beat it. Obviously, I am not always successful in combating new decks, but I enjoy trying. My problem with the Lugia V deck is that there is very little variation in the decks. Some people may change a Pokemon here and there, but they are all just playing with the same premade deck. Everything in the Silver Tempest tree pushes them towards making that deck too. I think that a lot of creativity goes into Pokemon, but as soon as I see my opponent is playing a Lugia V deck, I know exactly how the game will play out. I question whether there is a point to me playing if I am just going to get crushed by thirty people who are playing the exact same deck.