Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

I would like to know if there is another autistic Pokémon fan like me

Options
YagoFuecoco
YagoFuecoco Member Posts: 187 ✭✭✭
First Comment 5 Likes 5 Agrees Name Dropper

I confess that I am a Pokémon fan who is autistic, and to be honest, Pokémon was very special to me, and Pokémon was something that helped me in many situations that to be honest, because I am autistic, a lot of things were difficult for me, and Pokémon has always helped me, I really like how Pokémon tells incredible stories in its games and in its animations, and to be honest, during my Pokémon journey, I wish I had the chance to get attached to Pokémon that are very special to me, Pokémon like Vulpix, Oshawott and Fuecoco, and even more Pokémon that I have a special affection for, and for me it is very special, and now, I would like to know if there is anyone besides me who is autistic and is a fan of Pokémon like me.

Comments

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 673 ✭✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

You are definitely not alone in that.

Games are a great hobby for people with conditions that can make social interaction awkward. Games have been one of the main ways I have connected with my friends and found new ones. Many of my friends today I met through tabletop or digital games.

I am glad Pokémon has had a positive effect on your life.

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 171 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 LOLs
    Options

honestly in my experience it feels like a lot of pokemon fans I have met on the Internet, especially those who care enough to get deep into the game or any of the other media and join communities about it, have some degree of autism so it's not just you at all. seems fairly common as a special interest in childhood

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 1,357 ✭✭✭✭
    First Comment 5 Likes First Answer 5 LOLs
    Options

i have adhd

• NoahLaprasForum
    NoahLaprasForum Member Posts: 291 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

@clasingla me too