Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

[Feedback] The game needs more progress-reward systems

DexterXBA
DexterXBA Member Posts: 10
First Comment 5 Agrees Photogenic

Whilst I think that the battle pass and the two daily missions are a good step in the right direction there is still a lot of room for additional progress-rewards systems in order to increase the incentive to play each day and explore different cards.

My suggestions would be:

1. Add daily stamps you get for simply logging into the game which grant the player some small rewards such as in-game currency. The rewards might get better if the player logs into the game multiple times in a row.
  2. Add an in-game achievement system with long-term tasks that offer larger rewards. New long-term achievements could be added with each expansion to the TCG. Tasks could be to win a certain amount of games with grass type pokemon, to activate the star power x-times of pokemon from the Astral Radiance expansion, to play a specific amount of ranked games with only basic pokemon, etc.
  3. Expand the leveling system so that there's not only a total player level but also a level for each pokemon type which increases the more often a player plays a card of that specific type. If the level increases the player might get rewarded with unique cosmetics in the style of the relevant type.
  4. Add a seasonal "reward book" that allows the player to work towards and unlock specific cards and cosmetics with a new currency. The currency could be gained by simply playing the game (more for winning). The card game Gwent has a similar system which I think provides a long-term incentive for players to keep on playing.

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,757 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

Please not number 3. I know there's nostalgia for that due to PTCGO, but forcing use of types really isn't fun unless they add GLC to the casual ladder. (And in that same vein, while I know it's just an example, making any challenge that limits what you can do on the ranked ladder is horrible and should not even be considered.)

Overall I agree with your points though. The thing is that it feels like the devs started by making a fair system, then were afraid they made it too fair and keep chopping stuff out in a panic. I don't know if it's the devs or the project management, but someone is truly terrified of giving players "too much," and I fear that unless that person leaves the project it's only going to get worse.

• Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Answers

@TechHog I think number 3 can work if they make it as achievements instead of daily missions.

The big issue with the PTCGO system was being forced to play an specific type each day for the rewards, which you may not have a good deck of that type at the moment, or even worse, there's no reason to play that type in that specific format.

Having them as achievements means you can play complete them in the order you prefer and then move on to the next type when you get a deck for that type.