Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Epileptic Player having difficulties. Are you?

So the more I'm tinkering around in live the more I'm realizing it's triggering my epilepsy with the rapid and constant field changes, color effects, and ironically harmful holo effects, bad animations and very unsmooth transitions.

I tried turning on reduced effects mode, but it really hasn't seemed to tone any of that down. The field still changes every card you play and way too many animations to keep things easy on the eyes. Not to mention the constant switching between white and red GUI without any subtle transitions is pretty hard overall.

Did anyone notice this in beta? This is my first time really sitting down and playing live.

To the dev team, not sure if this can be a priority thing, but having static fields and no effects in-game. No animations, No field changes, no card movement, nothing. Including removing animated avatars. Im not sure if you were able to play the regional client to see how it felt and played before closure, but it was very easy on the eyes and enjoyable to play for any duration with minimal effects.

Not sure if anyone else is experiencing the same general uncomfterability of playing live for any duration, but it just feels so far from wide public use without introducing possible harm to other people that can be hypersensitive or epileptic.

Never really had to deal with these issues. and maybe instead of pure white....off white? cream white? another white that's not so eyeharsh...

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments 500 Agrees 250 Likes 50 Answers

The people making this have no business (and likely no interest) in making a video game. They're not going to fix accessibility issues because that's going beyond the bare minimum. :/

• xaun
    xaun Member Posts: 11
    10 Comments First Answer Name Dropper Photogenic

Pokemon does not like epileptic people. Remember, there were more than 600 children across Japan taken to hospitals because of scenes from the TV show! They are bound to bring this into the modernized Pokemon Live game to continue their campaign of horrors.

• Dracula008
    Dracula008 Member Posts: 31
    10 Comments 5 Likes 5 Agrees Name Dropper

This is the company that forced people to play the Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee games with motion controls and locked sound options behind an NPC in Sword/Shield. They don't care about your accessibility needs most of the time.

• Gangrils
    Gangrils Member Posts: 21
    10 Comments 5 Agrees Name Dropper

The effects that can't be turned off really cause massive problems, even the music where there are no clear transitions (in the old game a clear card clacking) It quickly causes dizziness and head problems. Even in mode with fewer effects, it has little improvement for the trigger. I strongly recommend finding solutions for this. The red-white-blue contrasts are absolutely dangerous. Changeable color layouts or Classic View (PTCGonline) would be a quick solution.