Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

No Valid cards

Options

having a problem when searching my deck its always so no valid cards but there are

Comments

• MicenCheese
    MicenCheese Member Posts: 6
    5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

it could be because the cards you're using are not standard. if you just came over from ptcgo, a lot of the cards you could typically use there can't be used on ptcgl because they aren't standard use. however, you could use those cards on expanded beta.

• Legition
    Legition Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

@MicenCheese He means when he play a card which has "search a deck for...." the ui of the deck will show that no valid cards are in the deck even tho they are. You dont even see the cards in the deck, just empty black shadow.

I have seen youtube video, where they say its bcs of using Boss Order. After some testing without it I can say, that the cards it self are not cause of this problem (Many people with same problem are saying it happens with different cards in the deck). Also this bug has around 90% repro. So its possible that you have a game and you think you fix it but in the next game the bug is back. Its currently game breaking bug on pc. I still need to test it on mobile (I dont like to play it on mobile, hate that I cant have the game in landscape and see more of the cards)

• KeiraKiraTGC
    KeiraKiraTGC Member Posts: 5
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Options

@Legition I have been playing on PTCG Live on PC so far and I can say that the bug of invalid cards is quite inconsistent across cards that are available in Standard.

I have experienced multiple instances where I would purchase a card above the D regulation mark only to notice that the bug can be active with that said card. It happened for Pokéstop, Rotom Phone or some cards that got available on a new expansion / battle pass rewards (I still can't figure out if the game consider Radiant Ethernatus and Flying Pikachu V/VMAX are considered invalid).

It's quite a shame since Standard is one of the most played format due to being a staple for competitive play and far more cheaper than Expanded (which needs banlist in order to not allow certain archetypes to make it's metagame unplayable).

• dardamela
    dardamela Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

I have the same problem, the game is absolutely unplayable. It doesn't work as using Ultraball, Nestball and more... this need it ASAP update ! So shame... 😕

• Lupenator
    Lupenator Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

I also have the same problem. It appeared after a Win update. I gave them a system restore but the same day the update was installed again. So the problem persists.

• darktainer001
    darktainer001 Member Posts: 81
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

same problems, for wway to much moths already (the company does not care)

• darktainer001
    darktainer001 Member Posts: 81
    First Anniversary Name Dropper 5 Agrees First Comment
    Options

months

• KamilOs008
    KamilOs008 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment
    Options

I still have the same problem

• SitostickXL
    SitostickXL Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    edited August 2023 #10
    Options

Same here... Unplayable on windows. Iphone is "ok"

Hi there Trainer,

Thank you for sharing your feedback. I edited your post as posting images on the forum is not allowed. If you ever have images you'd like to share with support or the development team, I encourage you to open a ticket. To do so, visit   https://support.pokemon.com/ then click the Pokémon Trading Card Game Live link. From there, click "Contact Us". Any feedback shared will be relayed for review.

Thanks!

• Espeonage_1999
    Espeonage_1999 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment
    Options

Do I understand correctly that this problem has been persisting since January, and still hasn't been fixed? That's wild. (I have it too).