Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Bug mewtwo Vstar attack

Hello everyone,

I’m playing with mewtwo vstar on (using mobile version IOS).

when I will attack with mewtwo vstar (first attack), if only mewtwo has energy attached, I can’t choose the quantity of energy to discard, the attack only works, when another Pokémon has an energy attached.

Comments

• antihero86
    antihero86 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I have been encountering the same issue right now testing out a new Mewtwo VSTAR deck I put together. I select the attack but cannot choose any of the shown energies to discard

• Ninestempest
    Ninestempest Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic

Came to post the same thing. Only happens rarely, but it shows my energy and won't let me drag them up for some reason

• Dmurphyhof3
    Dmurphyhof3 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

This just happened to me today. I had two energies on Mewtwo VSTAR. I boss up a Great Tusk since it has weakness to psychic.

I couldn’t discard the energies attached to Mewtwo. The game timed out and only discarded one energy and did 180 damage which didn’t get the KO.

Pretty much cost me the match.

It stinks because Mewtwo is my favorite and the game glitches a lot with the VSTAR and Gardevoir EX, which I paired Mewtwo with.

Can this get fixed so I can use my favorite Pokémon and not feel I’m a glitch disadvantage?

• PokePoppin
    PokePoppin Member Posts: 12
    10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper

I've encountered the same thing and it sucks cause I'm new to playing and come on here to test out decks so it makes me believe it can't happen on the table in person....Mewtwo won't let you discard the energy from him and it stinks....I lost my match trying....didn't even think to try attaching to other Pokemon to get around this because when the V attacks he can transfer one...sigh and now I've encountered a Bug where Seal Stones don't recognize Special Energies attached... I tried to attach a Earthen Seal Stone to Lugia V on the bench and use the ability with not 3 but 4 Special Energies attached and it would not work....Can you Not use VStar Abilities on the bench or what? Or is it just a big not recognizing Special Energies as colorless?

• Icupchow
    Icupchow Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I have been experiencing this same issue almost every match!! It is very frustrating and keeps causing me to lose matches 😠

• Dennbag
    Dennbag Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Dropping in to say I'm having the exact same issue. Seems like a loooong time to have such a card-dosabling bug still in the game, especially considering it's still in standard play.

• PachirisuFan1
    PachirisuFan1 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes First Anniversary 100 Comments

This has been an issue for a while unfortunately, and i remember the last time it happened to me it was in fact a scenario where mewtwo was the only one with energy attached. That was back in 2022 i think...

• nightblitz42
    nightblitz42 Member Posts: 66 ✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Likes 5 Agrees 5 Answers

I posted about this issue ages ago. Sadly, it doesn't seem like the devs are going to fix it. I would stick to playing the deck only on PC, since the bug doesn't seem to happen on PC (as far as I can tell).