Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

My turn has no time

When I was playing I would wait for someone to finish their turn and then it said it was their turn before mine even started. I was never able to play. Has happened many times now. How do I fix it?

Answers

• iSpyFrolic
    iSpyFrolic Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Same thing happening here. Gives me a 6 second time but animations for the opponents often time go longer than that

• Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Answers

Other players have reported before that syncing your system time on your PC fixes the issue.

• crhaerich
    crhaerich Member Posts: 7
    First Comment

I play on an Android phone, how do I sync my time? I am having the same issue where it doesn't give me any time to do anything then after a couple turns says I've been away for to long and makes me forfeit

• faegesubsig
    faegesubsig Member Posts: 16
    Name Dropper 10 Comments

It is not a connection issue, or to do with time synchronization. Your game is visually lagging behind the opponent's game, but it is not because of a poor connection.

The problem is that your device can't display the animations of in game actions as quickly as intended (processing issue).

The timer shouldn't start for you until it's actually your turn (i.e. when the game displays the 'your turn' message). But because the timer is not linked to the animations that are being displayed as you are seeing them (slowly), you end up watching animations that have actually already happened, but are only just being shown to you.

From your opponent's perspective, they would have played their turn out normally with the animations happening at the proper speed and accurate timer. Then they will see you draw a card and do nothing for a minute and ultimately time out your turn.

• crhaerich
    First Comment

I play on an Android phone, how do I sync my time? I am having the same issue where it doesn't give me any time to do anything then after a couple turns says I've been away for to long and makes me forfeit

• Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Answers

I used to think this is what happens until someone showed me a video proving me wrong.

• faegesubsig
    faegesubsig Member Posts: 16
    Name Dropper 10 Comments

Can you please link the video?

I tested this with friend battles over my pc (game works fine on here) and phone (unplayable lag), which is why I came to my conclusion.

The app is clearly very taxing on devices and it's obvious that my phone isn't able to run the game despite it being more than capable of running things like Unite.

Also if you look at the reviews on play store it is clear that a lot of people are running into this issue on their phones/tablets.

• formula1man
    formula1man Member Posts: 12
    First Comment 5 Agrees

I also experience this issue on Windows 10 with Intel HD Graphics 620 i5 processor and 8gb ram. I think this should be able to run a trading card game simulator.

• crhaerich
    First Comment

So I tried a different deck and haven't had the issue. I went back to my first deck and it started having the issue again. I contacted support and they said it is a known issue and not sure when it will be fixed.