Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Bug with "Path to the Peak" and "Regieleki Vmax"

Hello, I have suffered a bug while playing the game.

So, the other player had used a "Path to the Peak" Stadium card (Pokémon with Rule Box have no abilities") and I was playing with "Regieleki Vmax". Somehow, my Pokémon's attack "Max thunder and Lightning" was now 190 damage and not 220, showing a red triangle that indicates that there was a negative reason for that value. When checking the reason, It said that It was because of the "Path to the Peak" card, and that makes no sense. That Stadium should only make unavalaible my Regieleki's ability (Transistor: your basic electric Pokémon do 30+ damage). 

So, the deduction in damage makes no sense even in the case that It was a poor programming that takes 30 points to compensate the 30+ added with the ability because the ability only adds 30+ to BASIC Pokémon. Regieleki Vmax is not a BASIC Pokémon, so its ability was not adding +30 to the attack. 

The other Pokémon was an Oinkologne, it didn't have any special attack or object that could substrate the points, plus it was not mentioned in game, only the stadium appeared as the cause.

Comments

• Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Answers

you can click on the arrows to see what positive/negative effects the pokemon has.

and since you were playing against oinkologne, did you check which energy it had attached? because they commonly run 4 copies of Vguard energy, which reduces the damage it takes from pokemon V by 30.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

This was definitely due to V-Guard Energy. We're all frustrated by the bugs, but try to calm down and be rational before getting upset and assuming there's some new crazy backwards bug which appeared out of nowhere.

• Goldlarvitar
    Goldlarvitar Member Posts: 11
    First Comment Name Dropper

As I wrote, I checked the negative condition, and It listed the Stadium card as the reason for the negative condition. The rival used 2 Oinkologne, I don't remember the energies of the first one, but I don't think the energies are the reason behind the condition, because the second Oinkologne didn't have any energies atached at all.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes
    edited April 2023 #5

You're misreading the situation. The negative condition in this case that it's referring to is the removal of the ability. The damage reduction was a positive condition on the defending Pokemon. It sounds like you forgot to check for those.

What about Full Face Guard?

• Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Answers

@Goldlarvitar did you check oinkologne's positive conditions?

Because the stadium affecting Regieleki is still true, even if it doesn't matter during that exact attack, it's still a negative conditon, so it still shows as a red arrow.

Did oinkolonge had any green arrows?

• Goldlarvitar
    Goldlarvitar Member Posts: 11
    First Comment Name Dropper

Umm I didn't check Oinkologne's positive conditions, maybe It was that in the first one. But I'm very sure that the second Oinkologne didn't have energies attached, so It could not be the energies. First one didn't have any tool attached but since my rival swaped one Oinkologne with the other, maybe the second one had the Full Face Guard and I didn't notice? Energies It didn't have, that's for sure.

I will pay attention to see if the problem repeats. Maybe I somehow missed something. The timer started ticking in both turns when I was trying to check all the conditions, and I had to rush my actions, so maybe I didn't notice something .

Thanks for all for your responses.