Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Can't Choose Active Pokemon

Every match I've done since I started Live the game automatically picks out my Active pokemon even when I have multiple basic pokemon in hand. I'm unable to change what they pick and has led to some annoying situations of having something stuck in active and unable to do anything when I could've been progressing the game.

Not sure if there's anything I can try to counter this?

Comments

• uncomonfossil
    uncomonfossil Member Posts: 176 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 Comments 25 Agrees 25 Likes

I've had this happen once. The best thing to do after you have an in game issue like this is completely exit out of the game and then restart it. I hope this does not keep happening to you too often and hopefully the developers address this soon.

• JakeBarnes42
    JakeBarnes42 Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

The same thing happens to me occasionally, not every game, but it is very annoying to be forced into a bad lead and I have definitely lost games over it

• faegesubsig
    faegesubsig Member Posts: 16
    Name Dropper 10 Comments

The game is timing you out due to 'inaction', even though it doesn't even let you select a starter in the first place.

If your opponent Mulligans you will be able to choose. Otherwise it lets your opponent choose first and you get timed out due to inaction so the game automatically selects a starter for you.

• Laranth
    Laranth Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Yeah that makes sense. There's a text box that tells me to pick an active pokemon while my opponent is picking, but it doesn't highlight my hand to let me actually pick. Could also be due to the massive lag issues I get playing on mobile cause all the animations are so slow. Game sometimes skips my turn after card draw which cpuld well be related to the same issue. Something I'm gonna have to deal with I guess ☹️

• joepriesto
    joepriesto Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I get this lots playing on kindle fire over WiFi. It doesn't seem to ever happen in the pc version on the same internet connection so I definitely think it's related to the Android app. Also, doesn't happen on iOS.

Lost 1 game with a bad lead and 2 where it skipped my turn because of this today.