Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Losing a lot of points for a loss

Just now lost 220 points for a loss. Last Saturday I lost 1020 points for a game loss.

Is this still a known issue? I thought this was previously resolved?

Comments

• Begbie00
    Begbie00 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment
    edited March 2023 #2

Same for me. I think what's happening is if you cancel out of a matchmaking queue, but stay logged into the client, somehow you still get matched for games. The other player just sees you never take an action and lose on time out eventually.

Best practice is to shut down the client the second you either cancel a matchmaking attempt or have a game bug.

• VmaxSkittlez
    VmaxSkittlez Member Posts: 44 ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Agrees First Answer 5 Likes

Not sure you're on the money there. I just won my game, clicked through the victory screens, and BAM. 440 points lost.

Been recording games since my last 440 points lost.

• Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Answers

Like someone said before, the game is matching you against players without you being in the Queue. Sometimes you find a game and the other the other player is unable to enter the room (a message telling you to wait for your opponent appears before the coin flip) eventually giving you the win after 45 seconds. That happens because the other player is experiencing this bug.

• VmaxSkittlez

What are you on about mate? I literally played and won a game. No waiting for opponents, no game lag to speak of, no waiting before the coin toss. I won the game and lost 440 points.

• Edurandomnumber

@VmaxSkittlez yeah, and all that time you were playing that game, the server kept pairing you against other players without you knowing and giving you losses for that.

• Edurandomnumber

@VmaxSkittlez and on their screen, you were failing to connect to their game (this is happening while you're playing your game) and losing to disconnection.

• VmaxSkittlez

Yeah fair enough. I wouldn't put it past this game. Done with it anyway. Better things to waste time on than this.