Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Cannot Rule of Four

Adding more than 2 Genesect V, 3 Mew V or 2 Mew VMAX, makes the deck "Extended" and it shouldnt. I am sure this is probably happening with other cards also. This makes a lot of custom decks unplayable.

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

You're doing something wrong. There's way too much Mew on the ladder for this to actually be a thing and only get reported now.

• Dracula008
    Dracula008 Member Posts: 31
    5 Agrees 5 Likes 10 Comments First Anniversary

They aren't unplayable, just play in Expanded instead of Standard.

• BlackBeardNorse
    BlackBeardNorse Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Name Dropper

So, if I am doing something wrong, then why when I add the cards to the deck, have the correct amount of cards in the deck, have the cards available to put in the deck, does it switch it to Expanded and lock it out of standard then? There isnt much to "do wrong", its pretty simple. Just because others are not having the experience I am, doesn't mean that it isn't happening.

• BlackBeardNorse
    BlackBeardNorse Member Posts: 4

They should be playable in standard as well, considering that standard allows for up to 4 of a "named card" unless otherwise specified, and if they are making it a thing that there can only be a certain number, then that should extend to the tcg rules as well, as the game is supposed to mirror live play, it is very confusing.

• squibix
    squibix Member Posts: 43
    5 Agrees First Anniversary 10 Comments

Everyone else can play four Genesect... are you sure the decks in question are being marked as Expanded decks? My thought is that possibly you're adding more than four of a particular pokemon, of two different arts (because of the incredibly confusing design of the deck editor) and the deck is being marked as invalid. Maybe?

• WatUSayinDoe
    WatUSayinDoe Member Posts: 11

Are you using versions of cards that are now out of rotation?