Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

This game is going to die with this client

So after the news that PTCGO will not be getting any new cards I decided that I would finally migrate my account over and play on the new client. I had already played PTCGL and knew that there were bugs and other problems. But oh man...

I am currently completely unable to play the game. When starting a match the game either freezes on the first hand and the timer starts running. The game doesn't stop though but the timer just comes and goes. The only thing I can do is concede, which results in a white screen. If I'm lucky I can get into a game but I am unable to use any searching cards. The game just says that cards like Battle VIP Pass, Level Ball and Quick Ball have no valid targets. But then it also says that there are valid targets in the deck. I still can't view any cards in the deck and it won't let me select anything.

Basically the only thing I can do in the game is to redeem codes. This means that PTCGL in its current state is effectively a Money Spending Simulator. I have a digital collection of cards that I have amassed over a 9 year period. Now that I have put my trust into this client I have locked these cards away in a game that is literally unplayable for me.

I really hope this awful mess can still be made into even an ok game. Otherwise PTCGL could literally kill the game for us people who don't really have a lot of local play opportunities.

Please just fix this game...

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

What platform/OS are you playing on?

• Eepper
    Eepper Member Posts: 5
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Agrees

I'm playing on Windows 11.

• jeleskieur
    jeleskieur Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

What Eepper is saying is exactly what's happening to me. I'm on a clean Windows 10 up to date. I got plenty of computer power (i7-8700, nvidia gtx 1050ti, 16 gb, ssd).

Pokemon live is buggy from the start, but for a while now, it is completely unusable. I was playing a lot with the old software (everyday). But I'm in Canada and migrated to the beta early. Because of this total mess of Pokemon Live, i'm barely playing for more than a year now.

I really don't understand what they are trying to do with this app....

• jeleskieur
    jeleskieur Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

What Eepper is saying is exactly what's happening to me. I'm on a clean Windows 10 up to date. I got plenty of computer power (i7-8700, nvidia gtx 1050ti, 16 gb, ssd).

Pokemon live is buggy from the start, but for a while now, it is completely unusable. I was playing a lot with the old software (everyday). But I'm in Canada and migrated to the beta early. Because of this total mess of Pokemon Live, i'm barely playing for more than a year now.

I really don't understand what they are trying to do with this app....

• TechHog

@Eepper What are your computer specs?

• Eepper
    Eepper Member Posts: 5
    First Anniversary First Comment 5 Agrees

I have a brand new Lenovo Legion T5 i5-12/16/1000/3060. And all other games run very smooth so I don't think it's a problem with my computer...

• TechHog

As I thought... The common thread is an Nvidia GPU. My laptop with an AMD APU has never had these issues, nor has my phone. I'll start playing more on my desktop to be sure though.

• Gwarvan
    Gwarvan Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Not to beat a dead horse, but I seem to have the most issues when playing the Cross Switcher card or cards that interact with my opponents Pokémon. About half of the time my game freezes it is because of this. Nothing works and the game just sits idle until my time runs out. The last few days 've played, the majority of my games have ended because my game froze. PTCGO was infinitely better. I never had these issues. I don't see how the Pokémon company could have so much money and have such a poorly constructed app. I love this game and want to play it. Please fix it!

• Sahri
    Sahri Member Posts: 29
    5 Agrees 10 Comments Name Dropper

Just get a better computer. You won't have any issues then.