Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

When will older cards (Black and White/ XY) be added to the expanded format option?

My friends and I really love to play a format in Pokemon TCG called Gym Leader Challenge (GLC). We really want to use TCG Live as a way to play this format of the card game, however we've noticed that we don't have access to create decks using cards from older generations of the Pokemon TCG.

It appears that we're able to craft those cards, but the game won't allow us to use them in a playable deck.

Is there a way that those cards can be made available to play? If not, would there be a way to make a separate tab or version just for GLC players?

Answers

• PokemiiAC
    PokemiiAC Member Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 100 LOLs 100 Agrees 5 Answers

I love gym leader challenge too!

FYI TCG live’s ‘expanded format’ is in beta so it dosent have anything below sun and moon, but we don’t know when it will add all the other cards

It’s very annoying

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 LOLs 100 Likes

It's been in beta for ages.

Oh, well. I guess you'll have to keep buying the new packs and playing standard.

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 500 Comments

Don't forget the current playable older cards are filled with bugs, just imagine the unplayable cards... after they fix the majority of bugs they will have to implement some kind of Ranked Ladder... or very few people will play it just in casual.

Taking in consideration the speed devs do things, lets say the Game Logs that is much simple to implement it took more than a year...

So I think Expanded will be compleated (including its competitive Ranked Laddder) maybe in a couple of years if we're very lucky.

• PokemiiAC
    PokemiiAC Member Posts: 1,234 ✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 100 LOLs 100 Agrees 5 Answers
  • DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 915 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 500 Comments
    edited October 15 #6

To me it is out of date in so many levels right now lol
    It can't even handle disconnections well, you disconnect for a sec and you are done… this is 2024 name any other recent game that can't wait for players to reconnect…
    I will not even bother to go on more about what is outdated in this game (already said too many times)… it's a shame.