Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Creative Decks

Comments

• A3871
    A3871 Member Posts: 19
    10 Comments Name Dropper

try it like this instead if you want

for standard format

you can use 3 of each basic energy (24 total)

For trainers (21 total)

4 exp share

4 crispen

4 lady

4 energy retrieval

4 nest ball

1 nemona

Use exp share on the bench pokemon so when the active pokemon is knocked out you can reuse some of the energy. Also the energy retrieval lets you pull energy from the discard pile. so you don't have to worry about using an energy to early, or if you make a mistake, you can grab it again later.

pokemon (15 total)

I put in all basic pokemon, 6 normal types. and 1 of each other type. The normal types I put in are pidgey for searching for other pokemon in the deck, and spinda for stalling the opponent while I set up energies. Most of the other non-normal types have cheap attacks and they have some colorless values for the attacks as well to make it realistic to find enough energies to attach. Only 2 of my pokemon have attacks that require 3 energies, the rest only use 1 or 2 energies.

The fun thing about this set up is it plays different every time. Sometimes the energy or pokemon you need will be locked up in the prize section. So its good to use lady before you end up searching the deck for other pokemon to make sure the energy you need is available. Also the other way around is true as well. If your lightning pokemon is locked up in the prize section you might not want to save the lightning energy cards.

• A3871
    10 Comments Name Dropper

i switched it over to 4 arezus for my evolution trainer set. as well as 4 buddy buddy poffins, 4 crispen, 1 nemona, 4 technical machine evolutions, and 4 exp shares

I''m still testing this one out. I might have to lower the numbers of some of the trainers down from 4.

Crispen allows you to attach an extra energy during your turn, so you should use it for fast evolution decks since your energy requirement's will go up faster then usual. For crispen to work though you have to use at least 2 different basic energy types in the deck. When you play the crispen card, it will let you select 2 energies of different types. One goes in your hand, the other attaches to the pokemon you choose. If you use crispen in a deck with only one basic energy type, the crispen card will just let you draw one card and it will go into your hand instead of being able to attach it.

• PokemiiAC
    PokemiiAC Member Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 100 LOLs 100 Agrees 5 Answers

it’s not good

There are 24 energies!

• A3871
    10 Comments Name Dropper
    edited October 12 #35

Do you think there should be more or less?

If you want to try it out, use the 'test' feature in the deck building part of the game. The items I mentioned earlier make it easy.

Ive played less then a 100 matches with it, so its to early to know for sure if the ratio is correct. 

So far though it works really well. I can retreat and match up the type to whatever the A.I. is using fairly easily. 

Of course my style of play would be more fun if the other player used the same style.

• A3871
    10 Comments Name Dropper
    edited October 12 #36

Ive played less then a 100 matches with it, so its to early to know for sure if the ratio is correct. 

So far though it works really well. I can retreat and match up the type to whatever the A.I. is using fairly easily. 

Of course my style of play would be more fun if the other player used the same style.

• A3871
    10 Comments Name Dropper

• PokemiiAC
    PokemiiAC Member Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 100 LOLs 100 Agrees 5 Answers

too much energy

I know we’re trying to be creative, but you can’t run 8 types!

• A3871
    10 Comments Name Dropper

You can try it with eevee and eevee's evolutions, if you have the full set. You just have to switch the 3 metal energies to 3 fairy energies in the expanded format. If you make it and you want the deck to match the eevee theme completely, you can take out the dragon Pokémon for another card, since I don't think theres a dragon eevee card.

• A3871
    10 Comments Name Dropper

ultra ball only lets me pull from the top 7 cards, i tried it and i got to many wasted turns since i don't have a lot of pokemon in the deck i have to use nest ball to be able to pull from anywhere. I'm sure there might be some better cards suited for what im trying to do but i haven't gotten them yet, when I find something better ill upgrade the deck. I have 24 energies, three of each basic energy. I'm seeing how far i can take it. I switched most of the pokemon to ones that use 3 energy to attack, but 1 of the 3 is colorless. I have to search for energy since i'm running every Pokémon type. I have to be able to pull the specific energy I need. I don't really have a main attacker per se. but the strategy i'm messing around with now is using spinda to stall while inset up energy I also switch pidgey for falinks so I can pull the pokemon when i pull there energy. if i draw a fire energy ill use falinks to pull out the fire pokemon so i can set him up. also i would kind of consider the dragon type to be the "combo" of the deck since he uses two different energies. He's fun to play especially it im able to play the fire and grass type before him since those are the energies the dragon type uses. It's almost like you played the deck perfectly if you can use him correctly. Of course I don't always save him for last but its cooler when he's the final boss.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments 500 Agrees 250 Likes 50 Answers