Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Creative Decks

Can you guys get a little more creative with your decks? Y'all all have the same decks, I feel like I'm playing bots. These are the common ones I see: Charizard ex decks | roaring moon | solrock and lunatone | chien pao ex | miraidon ex| and a few more....

There's so many cards to use and build great decks from. But playing you guys is becoming redundant. I know how to defeat each deck and climbing Ranked is far too easy when it shouldn't be.

What I'm trying to say is.. be more authentic with your builds. Stop copying everything you see. Come up with a deck that no one has and wreak havoc. Again it just feels like I'm playing bot game after bot game.. y'all all do the same thing and I beat you all the same way. Please make this game exciting again

With love from a fiery trainer who likes a challenge 💚🔥

Comments

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,774 ✭✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments 500 Agrees 250 Likes 50 Answers

If you really think you can beat any meta deck easily, go win a regional with your creative deck.

• Nashedtators
    Nashedtators Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    25 Agrees 5 Answers 10 Comments 5 LOLs

What's your list?

• kot123456
    kot123456 Member Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Agrees 5 Answers

I only play spicy decks

• PokemiiAC
    PokemiiAC Member Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 100 LOLs 100 Agrees 5 Answers

a deck no one has will wreak as much havoc as an ant trying to start the apocalypse

• Zerofo3384
    Zerofo3384 Member Posts: 28 ✭✭
    10 Comments First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Agrees

Unfortunately for us, my good man/woman/toaster/dog…there's an old saying that's a bit trite but still true

If it's not broken, don't fix it

As much as I HATE the Dark Terra Type Charizard, the deck it's built around is very easy to play and many players realize this. Same for Roaring Moon or Giratina, if the deck works…people are going to play that deck because no one wants to lose

I made my own Darkrai V-star deck and I still struggle with it against the Charizard deck because of how well built that Charizard deck is

• UNKNONSASQUATCH
    UNKNONSASQUATCH Member Posts: 192 ✭✭
    100 Comments 5 LOLs 5 Likes 5 Agrees

Creative decks can be fun, but meta decks are cool too

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 951 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers 500 Comments

The arguments by OP of players "not being creative", "stop copying everything you see" and "please make this game exciting" makes not much sense if you take in consideration the game limitations… why blame the players instead of the game?

What you could argue instead it's the game itself doesn't encourage player to do so, the lack of multiple game modes/formats, the fact that the top deck are just given for free, etc.

Why wouldn't players just use the best possible decks they have access to? after all the game goals are essentially to finish the Ranked Ladder and/or the Battle Pass. Specially in Ranked Ladder you will not have a good time playing a "self made creative" deck.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 LOLs 100 Likes

People play the meta. Formats get "solved". Building a functional deck is one thing, but an entirely original competitive deck is something beyond most players. And if you are asking them to spend time and money putting together a deck, are they going to risk it on their jank brew, or should they put their resources into building a proven deck they know works?

There is nothing stopping you putting something creative and original together and showing the "meta sheep" how it's done. Of course, if you succeed, everyone will copy your deck and you will be responsible for the homogeneous meta. Hoist with your own petard.

This is the advantage of multiple formats in card games. When one format's meta becomes stale or there is a deck with a playstyle you hate, you can always jump ship and play the other format until ameta shift or rotation.

Unfortunately, Pokémon TCG Live does not offer much in the way of alternative formats. If you had a proper Expanded (or whatever you call Extra in the TCG) that would be an obvious alternative.

And in paper, there is nothing stopping you playing past Standards, or inventing your own formats.

But whatever you do, you will have to accept that most people are going to play proven decks in the most popular format. You cannot fight that as an individual player.

• Nashedtators
    Nashedtators Member Posts: 91 ✭✭
    25 Agrees 5 Answers 10 Comments 5 LOLs

Man I should play paintball with a water gun, spice things up a bit