Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Is it just me, or is every other deck charizard ex these days?

Honestly, it's boring. Everyone has spotted char plus that dumb ghost that suicides for 130dmg. Like, why make that ghost, it just powers almost any OP deck, and que charizard ex. It's just boring when the meta forces the same deck in >50% of players. It card designers fault ultimatley and need rebalancing. I'm using a timber poison deck as I like using something that isn't so common ( I was born a loser). It seems most other players think "if you can beat them, join them, and play the exact same stack as all the other guys and negate any potential to use my own imagination". Hey why dont we all become the same pokemon master! That's team work, ash would be proud.

Answers

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers 500 Comments

A lot of players are using it indeed, that's what we get when give away too much free top deck…

• OlderAngel11
    OlderAngel11 Member Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 1000 Comments 250 Likes 25 Answers

The dumb ghost that suicides 🤣

• Resilient30
    Resilient30 Member Posts: 283 ✭✭✭
    100 Comments 25 LOLs 25 Likes 25 Agrees

I like using something that isn't so common ( I was born a loser) 

I relate to this way too much

• Jadite
    Jadite Member Posts: 384 ✭✭✭
    100 Comments 25 Likes 25 Agrees 25 LOLs

It's the best deck in format at the moment. If you don't like loosing against it, counter it. Stop complaining and put in the work.

• PIZDKRUNK
    PIZDKRUNK Member Posts: 5
    First Comment

Lol So funny. I win alot against the deck. I have put the work and I'd probably beat you. Add me and I'll win.

• PIZDKRUNK
    First Comment

I played 3 games today. All vs char. Why don't you put the work in. Create something!

• PokemiiAC
    PokemiiAC Member Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 100 LOLs 100 Agrees 5 Answers
  • PIZDKRUNK
    First Comment

I don't know what that means. If I've upset you I apologise. My complaint is against the current meta. Players are forced to play the char deck, ive said that much. I'm just asking for creativity and expressing a dissatisfaction with the meta. Bann me if I'm out if order

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 952 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers 500 Comments
    edited October 12 #10

I understand what you mean, and yes "don't hate the player hate the game".

If they give you free top decks and only a single fully playable format what you expect people to do? if the goal is to finnish the Ranked Ladder or the Battle Pass… of course they will use the best possible decks available to reach the goals the game throws at you.

In the end people are free to play the deck they want… the only way I see to work around this is to just accept it and move on, expecting the meta will get better and hoping some day the devs will implement new game modes, goals, etc.

• PokemiiAC
    PokemiiAC Member Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 100 LOLs 100 Agrees 5 Answers

@DoubleCure I think they want to know who

Flypupkai and zhula are