Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Why a Competitive Aspect in the New Pokémon Game is Important!

Hey everyone!

I wanted to bring up a topic that I think is really important for the new Pokémon game: the competitive aspect, especially when it comes to the trading card game. Sure, collecting cards is super fun at first – hunting for rare cards and building your deck is always exciting. But I feel like the thrill can wear off pretty quickly if there's no challenge beyond just collecting.

That's why, in my opinion, it’s crucial for the competitive side – battling against other players – to be more in focus. PvP in Pokémon games, whether it’s battles or the trading card game, is just incredibly fun and adds so much depth to the experience. It’s extremely rewarding to test your decks against other trainers, develop strategies, and continuously improve.

A competitive mode not only provides long-term motivation, but it also keeps the community alive. There's nothing better than playing in tournaments or climbing the ranked ladder and challenging yourself against others. It encourages player interaction and allows you to constantly learn new things – either from your own mistakes or from strategies you pick up from others. Without this aspect, the game could become repetitive in the long run.

What do you think? Would you like to see more focus on PvP and the competitive side too?

Looking forward to hearing your thoughts! :)

Comments