Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

How can you get the shiny charm in ORAS without the DS and GBA games?

MonstaDash
MonstaDash Member Posts: 125 ✭✭
100 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper 5 Agrees

I was looking at the pre-req's for the shiny charm and it says it needs a (mostly) complete national dex. How would I go about it without the DS and GBA titles (jonto, sinnoh, and unova)?

Best Answer

• FallenFurfrou
    FallenFurfrou Member Posts: 155 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Likes 5 LOLs 100 Comments
    #2 Answer ✓

They aren't necessary for completion of the National Dex. In fact, Gen VI (XY and ORAS) has a complete National Dex between those two games.

If you have X and Y, then I suggest you transfer some of the missing Pokemon directly to ORAS. Meanwhile in ORAS, you can use the DexNav (post-game version) to check areas you've already visited and find Pokemon that you won't find by just walking into the grass. You can also probably check every day for Mirage Spots, as they have some of the harder Pokemon to obtain, and you can look up an online guide just to be sure. Only one Mirage Spot will be accessible per day, so the process of visiting them all may take several weeks and plenty of patience.

Answers

• FallenFurfrou

They aren't necessary for completion of the National Dex. In fact, Gen VI (XY and ORAS) has a complete National Dex between those two games.

If you have X and Y, then I suggest you transfer some of the missing Pokemon directly to ORAS. Meanwhile in ORAS, you can use the DexNav (post-game version) to check areas you've already visited and find Pokemon that you won't find by just walking into the grass. You can also probably check every day for Mirage Spots, as they have some of the harder Pokemon to obtain, and you can look up an online guide just to be sure. Only one Mirage Spot will be accessible per day, so the process of visiting them all may take several weeks and plenty of patience.

• MonstaDash

@FallenFurfrou it seems your other comment was approved.

• FallenFurfrou

Well, I apologize for the duplicate posts problem.

• MonstaDash

@FallenFurfrou Not an issue in the slightest, just wanted to give you a heads up in case you wanted to delete the duplicate.