Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Limits of Solo Play

Like some others, I have been playing a lot in the last 24h.

The thing is, there needs to be more things to do. Once you understand the mechanics and have a good deck, all AI missions are easy. I am now only missing those that need a minimum rarity to complete. The acheivements are meh at best, and ai matches brings no XP.

Ad that to the shop limits, and the game is basically done in a few hours, with only PVP as replayability

Comments

• Mettalknight
    Mettalknight Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Agree completely. There should at the very least be some way to select an AI difficulty and get matched against a random AI deck.

• Pezlie
    Pezlie Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Photogenic Name Dropper

What do you mean? The game is designed to collect cards, they want you to login daily. So you can login daily to collect cards, that is the game. I wont be playing a lot, so I appreciate the, twice per day login to collect cards and not much "fomo" outside of that.

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Answers 100 LOLs 500 Comments 250 Agrees

Done in a "few hours" per day it's not short… for how long you wanted to play a mobile game... 8 hours per day?

• JLBradleyII
    JLBradleyII Member Posts: 9
    10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic
    edited September 28 #5

Huh, I think the whole point is battle other real players…The Solo play is a little extra to get player know the cards better. However, I do feel like when a new sets of packs drop, They probably will add more solo mission and theme decks around the new set. Also, you have to remember, it isn't out yet to the world. It's still in testing phase.

• PokemiiAC
    PokemiiAC Member Posts: 915 ✭✭
    25 Likes 5 Answers 500 Comments 25 LOLs

if you want to battle, play TCG live!

• JLBradleyII
    JLBradleyII Member Posts: 9
    10 Comments Name Dropper Photogenic

TCG Live doesn't have solo play. Also, you really have to grind hours after hours into that game to get cards. Also, it's slow, isn't clean UI like pocket.

• PokemiiAC
    PokemiiAC Member Posts: 915 ✭✭
    25 Likes 5 Answers 500 Comments 25 LOLs

@JLBradleyII it actually does, you can use ‘test deck’ on the deck editor’s three dots and battle a bot

• Yan_Ue5
    Yan_Ue5 Member Posts: 6
    First Comment Name Dropper

That's interessting.
    Can we really consider TCG pocket as a GAME ? Right now, It's more an app to collect cards rather than a playable TCG.
    The problem is, the game has attracted more TCG players than collectors in my opinion.

I know TCG live exists, but TCG pocket has it's own rules, will have it's own community and can be a different game even if it has similar cards than the regular TCG.

So i hope they'll build up more around the PvP aspect of the game (with tournaments, events, daylies etc…) because it's the best way to maintain the game alive in my opinion.

• cadwa
    cadwa Member Posts: 4
    First Comment Name Dropper

Well it also needs to be profitable. curently there is few incentives to pay.

• Darth_Sus
    Darth_Sus Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

Just to be clear, I appreciate when a mobile game respects my time and doesn't try to become my part time job in order to make progress. But this game in its current state kinda goes too far in the opposite direction. There's just not much TO the game right now.

He doesn't me a few hours per day, he means a few hours PERIOD.