Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Anyone else feel like Raid Queues should at least show each Pokemon's level?

I just started a Tera Raid Battle against Mighty Serperior, and one of my partners was a Delphox, which is a good pick to bring here. However, as soon as the raid began, they INSTANTLY fainted, cutting a chunk of our timer out; turns out, their Delphox was LEVEL 37, explaining why it fainted so fast compared to a level 100 one.

And it's not like this hasn't happened before; I've had situations where people bring underleveled 'mons to 6-Star Raids and end up contributing nothing but destroying our timer unless the rest of the team heavily carries them, be it via a ton of support (Lowering the boss's stats, screens, etc.) or doing our best to defeat the Raid Boss before the underleveled player can empty our timer to zero. Sometimes I'd even encounter people who seem to just pick up 'mons right out of Paldea and bring them to raids without any training, like the Tera Water Garchomp in West Province (Area Two). If I didn't know any better, I'd assume some players are intentionally bringing these kind of picks to throw the raid and make the experience worse for everyone else. 😕

I feel like a lot of this could be resolved by just showing levels in the Raid Queue; that way, we can spot when someone locks in a level 37 'mon against a level 100 raid boss and just re-queue rather than waste our time trying to win with only 3 players. I understand that not every raid needs our 'mons to be level 100, but it really sucks starting a 6/7-star raid with players that look like they have competent 'mons, only to find out that one of them is grossly overleveled for the higher-difficulty raids and weighting everyone else down.

Anyone else feel the same? I think it'd be a huge QoL improvement personally, and would remove a lot of frustration from queuing with random players online.

Answers