Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Why can't you pick any IV when recalculating stats with Hyper Training?

Urgent piece of feedback for the game development team:

An addition to the Hyper Training feature is very much needed for competitive play. As mentioned on the article https://www.pokemon.com/us/strategy/learn-how-to-train-pokemon-in-pokemon-scarlet-and-pokemon-violet,
sometimes you are looking for a Pokémon with a low Attack or Speed stat. Hyper Training allows stats to be calculated with the maximum individual strength. However, Hyper Training needs to allow stats to be calculated with any value of the individual strength, not just the maximum. For instance, some Pokémon are often used in Trick Room, which means players want their Speed stat to be minimized, including having an individual strength in Speed of "No Good". This issue is especially important for Pokémon that cannot be bred such as the Paradox Pokémon and Legendaries; often these Pokémon can only be caught once per save file.

An egregious example is Bloodmoon Ursaluna which can only be caught once per save file. Because it is a slow special attacker, often players want minimum Attack and Speed at level 50, which requires IVs of 0 or 1 in both. The odds of that are 1 in 1280. Each encounter with Bloodmoon Ursaluna takes over a minute, which translates to an expected time of over 20 hours to get minimum Attack and Speed.

GameFreak or Pokémon Company, whoever programs the games, PLEASE allow stat recalculation with any individual strength value, not just the maximum. There have already been so many other quality of life improvements such as passing down egg moves in Picnics, hyper training at level 50, and nature mints. This feature is literally the last thing missing and is essential for competitive play.

Answers

• P0k3M4St3r121
    P0k3M4St3r121 Member Posts: 11
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

I would agree this definitely needs to be added, I had to play through sword and the crown tundra dlc a second time just to get a no good speed calyrex instead of just being able to set the first one I caught to no-good. would be great not to have to spend so much time getting no good ivs.

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 728 ✭✭✭✭
    250 Agrees 500 Comments 100 Likes 25 Answers

I would suggest the Rusty Bottle Cap item to lower IVs to zero, and maybe another item to set IVs exactly how you want, the Golden Bottle Cap would be perfect for this.

• PokemiiAC
    PokemiiAC Member Posts: 1,274 ✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 100 LOLs 100 Agrees 5 Answers
    edited September 27 #4

Then you can buy the caps for very high prices at a specific store in a specific place

• P0k3M4St3r121
    P0k3M4St3r121 Member Posts: 11
    First Anniversary First Comment Photogenic

That would be cool if they made gold bottle caps rarer and then instead of just maxing out all stats it let you raise or lower one or multiple stats