Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Post TCG Pocket Q&A

Some news on TCG Pocket

• There will be no Ranked mode
  • You can buy packs but you will get one free pack every 12 hours. You can only hold a maximum of two if you don't collect them instantly or after you hold two.
  • To buy packs you will need in game currency. Its $0.99 for 5, $9.99 for 50+7 and $99.99 for 500+190. ~$1.20 a booster pack.
  • There will be a way to get a free card but not sure how often(maybe once a day). The game will show you an open booster pack and you can accept to pull a card from it. If you accept the cards will be put face down and shuffled. Giving you a 20% chance if you only needed one card.
  • It will not be on PC or Switch.
  • This is a new game with only a 20 card deck. You can have a maximum of 2 of any select card. If you play the pokemon TCG, there will be no prizes. You play to win 3 points. 1 point for a regular pokemon KO and 2 points for a KO on an EX. Energy will be separated from your deck of cards and you get one per turn(if you run more than one type it will be randomized). Meaning your deck of cards will only draw you pokemon or trainers or items.
  • Cards like PokeBall or Professor Oak will be true to their TCG effects but be slightly changed. I.e. PokeBall won't be find but instead draw a random pokemon for you.
  • AUTO BATTLES: if you don't want to or don't know how then there will be an auto battle system. I have not tested it but I hear it's great.
  • There will be daily tasks like: win a battle or battle 3 times. You can auto battle to complete them.

Comments

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

Out of interest, what is your source on this information?

There will be no Ranked mode

Maybe that will change if the format proves popular enough.

It will not be on PC or Switch.

Shame. These games are so much easier to play on mouse and keyboard. Again, if it proves popular, that may change.

If you play the pokemon TCG, there will be no prizes. You play to win 3 points. 1 point for a regular pokemon KO and 2 points for a KO on an EX.

This sounds good. I have always thought that the Pokémon prize card system had a tendency to snowball.

Energy will be separated from your deck of cards and you get one per turn(if you run more than one type it will be randomized). Meaning your deck of cards will only draw you pokemon or trainers or items.

This I am less certain about. New formats, or even new card games based on games with in-deck resources, often take this step to "fix" the resource system, removing variance and increasing consistency in the process. Sure, no one is left without playable cards but it removes some of the skill from deck building and often makes strong decks even stronger, rather than propping up weaker, less consistent decks.

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 795 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Answers 100 LOLs 500 Comments 250 Agrees

The game focus it's clearly the card collection, so opening packs it's a core part, the trade will allow more interaction with players, then the playing part will help keep things more interesting (I see it as a mimi-game inside the actual game) but in a month will see how it feals.

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 814 ✭✭✭
    100 LOLs 100 Likes 100 Agrees 500 Comments

@TheJeffers I follow a person that has covered the Pokemon games for a long time.

And yes Ranked will probably most likely be added at some point. But there won't be one at the start. Which I like because it promotes the collecting part and won't require me to get all the cards at once to have a good time.

• PokemiiAC
    PokemiiAC Member Posts: 631 ✭✭
    25 Likes 5 Answers 500 Comments 25 LOLs

What do you like?

Pokemon: Money!

Why did you make this game

Money!