Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

End turn button auto triggers, skipping turn

One of the worst issues I have come across so far is the "End turn" button seems to trigger often without even being pressed. This happens sometimes immediately after my turn starts or at other times in the middle of my turn before I have a chance to attack or finish. This bug is game breaking, you can't have a competitive card game that has one or both players skipping turns randomly throughout the match. I have lost countless matches because of this and I play on ranked, so it's a hit to my score every time and it makes progressing the ladder that much more difficult. I would estimate around 30% of the matches I play this happens at some point. Sometimes I notice it seems to happen for my opponents as well. In my opinion there should be some kind of prompt that pops up when actually ending your turn that says ARE YOU SURE you want to end your turn.

All that aside, I really have been enjoying the matches that I've been able to play without any issues.

Comments

• Edurandomnumber
    Edurandomnumber Member Posts: 331 ✭✭✭
    100 Comments 5 Answers 25 Agrees 25 Likes

This has happen to me before, and i've seen similar issues mentioned in this forum before. I have a theory of why this could happen.

My theory is that the servers struggle to keep the game sync for both players. If that's the case, your timer on screen and the timer on the server are not the same, resulting in problems like your turn starting with less time than you should, and more importantly, the game timing you out without the timer even showing on screen.

I tried to test this on an old phone (to add more delays to the client) and i got this issue consistently, which i believe supports my theory.

• Logan5ve
    Logan5ve Member Posts: 5
    First Comment

That's a good theory, seems like a likely cause.

• Logan5ve
    Logan5ve Member Posts: 5
    First Comment

I noticed that my timer was going while it was still my opponents turn, so I think that's a big part of the issue with my turn being skipped. Happened a few times today as well

• DidDabsOnce
    DidDabsOnce Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

the game seems to have a huge problem with skipping turns.

• WhisperDawn
    WhisperDawn Member Posts: 19
    10 Comments First Anniversary First Answer 5 Agrees

It really should have a warning timer and a confirm skip turn query.

• Edurandomnumber

@WhisperDawn it does have both, if the timer doesn't appear is usually because of lag.

• WhisperDawn

There is no inactivity warning like ptcgo had.

• Edurandomnumber

@WhisperDawn what do you mean with inactivity warning? the 15 second timer before your turn is skipped? because this game literally has the same timer.

• WhisperDawn

I have only seen one query in 34 games and it was if I was sure I wanted to end my turn without attaching an energy, I am used to the same being asked when ending the turn when the active pokemon can attack or use an ability, and also the ten second inactivity warning - is it like that, what does it come up as?