Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Pokemon + Super Smash Bros. = Cool

Not only Pokemon is awesome as a standalone series, but also it being in the 'Super Smash Bros.' games makes it really cool to this day, too! :D 😊 ❤️

There are a lot of things worth talking about here, between Pokemon and SSB, so I will begin commenting on what I can remember so far from my many playing hours in all SSB games - it's wonderful playing as Pikachu, Jigglypuff, Mewtwo, Lucario, Pokemon Trainer, etc. They each have their own unique playstyles as well as familiar battle moves like Thunder, Water Shuriken and Flamethrower. The taunts they have are nice, like Pikachu himself becomes cute by rolling on the ground with his saying "Pikaaaaa!" and Jigglypuff spins around before making a pose! ^^ Related stages and music, like the N64 Saffron City stage and "Road to Viridian City" music for example, are very good and memorable as well. ;)

Supporting Pokemon from Poke Balls in battle? Very fun too, getting one before your opponents do! Certain cool supporters I remember were Groudon in Brawl, Latias or Latios soaring across the screen, Suicune firing the deadly Aurora Beam move only once in what direction it's facing, and Keldeo (Resolute) jumps and swings its sword from the head to attack others and help out the summoner. Not just standard red Poke Balls but Master Balls were included as well, since 3DS and Wii U…although like regular balls, even Master ones can have that useless Goldeen on occasion, if you weren't lucky! XD ^^' Not a helpful "supporter" that one, just a joke to tease, with using the move Splash that does simply nothing! LOL. ;)

One of the playable characters, Pokemon Trainer (though he doesn't fight) from Brawl and Ultimate, is a unique one who switches out three of his Kanto Starters: Squirtle, Ivysaur and Charizard, in that order when choosing to switch or get KO'd in a match. I like them all, regardless of weight which like any other fighter can be fun to experiment and master well with! ^^ I am glad Pokemon Trainer came back in Ultimate, and as a plus, he gets the female Trainer variant you can choose also! :D She was from FireRed and LeafGreen.

The story mode in Brawl was incredible, with the cutscenes and Pokemon. One of them I liked had Lucario sitting on top of a summit who challenges Meta Knight to a battle. He looked super amazing! :D Also Pokemon as Spirits in Ultimate were really nice in appearance and fun to collect and use, like Dragonite and the Unova Legendaries Cobalion, Terrakion and Virizion grouped together.

All Smash games are good in their own ways, and I completed them all. But if I had to choose one as a best favourite… I would say Ultimate, as it's the definitive SSB game, having every past fighter, most classic stages, and a lot more content (than even Brawl's). I thought Brawl was the best in the series, but when Ultimate came out and I went through it, I was amazed even more, and personally think now that's a much better one (in my opinion, that is.) 😁 Super Smash Bros. and Pokemon forever! 😊

Comments