Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Punishments for Misbehavior

I am incredibly frustrated with this game's handling of misbehavior of players. For instance, in a recent match we had a player stay in the starting zone spamming "Thanks!" for over two minutes of the match, presumably because the Ho Oh did not revive him as he wanted despite playing recklessly.

I hop on voice chat to say, hey guys be sure to report this type of behavior, it ruins matches and we are in an all master rank match, we shouldn't have to deal with this on a higher level of play (or any level honestly, but especially in a draft and ban all masters match). No cursing, name calling, nothing. I get a "confirming" report when I submit for him trying to throw the match. But wait- I IMMEDIATELY get a suspension from voice chat about "hateful conduct" blah blah blah. All I did was tell our team we should report negative behavior, but because one player didn't like that, he can automatically get me banned from voice chat while I can't get him banned from a match or two of ranked for ACTUALLY bad, unsportsmanlike behavior?

Your system is majorly flawed and serious players are very tired of having to deal with players who behave like this. They'll never get banned from ranked for any amount of time for throwing a fit mid match, but I get consequences for calling it out. I am definitely not the only player who feels this way. Hopefully some will speak up on this thread.

Comments

• Kanad123
    Kanad123 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

I also want to emphasize the same what abhawk has mentioned. The game-setup lacks the ability to distinguish between deliberate report (a fabricated one) and a real report.

• Tasear
    Tasear Member Posts: 113 ✭✭
    5 Likes 5 LOLs First Anniversary 25 Agrees

It would help if we could actually talk to each to give us a chance but while moderation for stalking players doesn't exist ...voice chat is hi and banned

We need balance on moderation of none at all

• TheTrueMicro
    TheTrueMicro Member Posts: 30
    5 Likes First Answer 10 Comments Photogenic

Blame it on the players, not the game.

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 545 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 100 Likes

its simple, gameplay reports require staff to actually review them and small indie company tencent cant afford that other than afk detection

voice chat reports are easy to automatically punish and it would be even worse left unchecked with "no moderation at all"

• Reaper1041
    Reaper1041 Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

Tencent is one of the biggest Chinese companies in the world they are no where near an indie company 😅 but yes the whole punishment system is immensely flawed and one of the worst I've seen on a game