Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Cornerstone Ogerpon incorrectly preventing damage

I used Regidrago V's "Dragon Laser" attack with Regidrago V (NOT vstar). When Cornerstone Ogerpon was in the active, it took the 130 damage as expected, but when Cornerstone Ogerpon was on the bench, it did not take the 30 damage from Dragon Laser. My opponent had a snorlax in the active for one instance of this, and a mimikyu in the active for the other. My opponent did not have a Manaphy in play or anything that prevents bench damage. The battle log read: ~"Cornerstone Ogerpon's ability prevented the damage" or something to that effect.

Comments

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Answers 100 LOLs 500 Comments 250 Agrees

That's expected... Cornerstone Ogerpon ex it's a Tera Pokemon (has the Terastallization rule box), so it cannot be damaged by atacks while on the bench.

• KaTaRiMari
    KaTaRiMari Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

I was playing against a Cornerstone Ogrepon Ex, had the Neutralization Zone Stadium up, but it attacked my normal Copperajah and dealt damage. Is this a glitch, or is there something that I'm missing?

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Answers 100 LOLs 500 Comments 250 Agrees

@KaTaRiMari It's not a glitch, Cornerstone Ogerpon ex Demolish attack goes through effects on opponent active pokemon (more less like Giratina V Shred attack), so it ignores the Neutralization Zone effect, damaging your pokemon.

• Ratstail91
    Ratstail91 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Name Dropper

@DoubleCure This happened to me just now - I read the text, but assumed the effect was on the neutralizing zone?

Do you ever get the feeling like the game was incorrect??

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

Don't be salty that the card isn't a perfect barrier. It's working correctly.