Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Is anyone having any iOS battery problems?

I'm running TCG Live on my month old iPhone 14 Pro and my overall battery percentage has already decreased to 96% due to overheating from the app. I was tempted to submit a report to the apple app store, but wanted to verify it was not just me.

Is anyone having any iOS battery problems? 15 votes

Yes, I have had similar battery problems on iOS
73%
Bornin985BowarckygrriffinnPokeMaster4oo5Jamillssquibixmattheha461458skyechanawisconsinmoosePachirisuFan1bthomp06 11 votes
No, I have NOT had similar battery problems on iOS
6%
Ravenclawed1234 1 vote
N/A (PC client, Android, etc.)
20%
behiriPokemongenius88snuffletrumper 3 votes

Comments

• awisconsinmoose
    awisconsinmoose Member Posts: 4
    First Comment

I have a lot of heat/ battery drain on the same device. I haven't had any decrease in battery health but I try to only play one or two games at a time on mobile because of the heat it generates.

• Pokemongenius88
    Pokemongenius88 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment Photogenic

This is an issue on Android as well this game desperately needs a battery saver option.

• snuffletrumper
    snuffletrumper Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Getting awful battery drain on Android too. I don't think it needs a battery saver option, I think it needs fixing in general. Poorly optimised for mobile devices.

• Alphaia_CORP
    Alphaia_CORP Member Posts: 21
    5 Agrees First Comment Photogenic

This is what happens when you use a 3D game engine to render a 2D game with some 3D effects...

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 25 Answers 100 Likes
    No, I have NOT had similar battery problems on iOS

My phone is fine, it just gets it’s battery sucked out of it, which is weird because I have an IPHONE Se

• PachirisuFan1
    PachirisuFan1 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes First Anniversary 100 Comments

I've been having issues with overheating and excessive battery drain since day 1 with the mobile app [pensive]

This happens even when I have low power mode enabled on my phone and regardless of whether I'm using wifi or data. I'm using an iPhone 12 mini which isn't the most recent model but isn't super old either. It's a 2020 model and I've only had it out of the box for a few months.

The specific ios I'm on is 15.6 but I doubt updating that would fix the battery drain when it's ostensibly an issue with the app itself.

• Bowarcky
    Bowarcky Member Posts: 3
    First Comment

High heat and battery drain of 1% minute on the latest iPhone Pro. Same on an M2 Mac, but less of a percentage per minute due to the battery size.

I do my dailies and log off. Not a game I’d play on the go until they fix the issue. I’ve seen no acknowledgment as we march towards release.