Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Malamar "Coluding Tentacles" from SFA not Working

Malamar's newest card (SFA 34/64) is intended to swap in an opponents pokemon from the bench and apply 120 damageb to the new active pokemon if you have played the trainer card Xerosic's Machinations.

I have tested this in ranked matches several times and the attack is doing nothing whether Xerosic's Machinations has been played or not. Frustrating as I have had to concede matches as I have a deck built specifically around this attack.

Comments

• JASONRM
    JASONRM Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary

I to have this encounter but can be more specific with my experiences.

When using Xerosic's Machinations and then retreating MewEX into Malamar - this interaction works; however, there is no other time this works.

If Malamar is in the active and I use Xerosic's Machinations - no swap is offered and 120 damage is added to anything. I don't recall if Malamar was poisoned.

If I use PecharantEX to move Malamar up from the bench (whether it is after or before using Xerosic's Machinations) the interaction doesn't work. Maybe this interaction is bugged if Malamar is poisoned.

• Discanthus
    Discanthus Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

That's good insight. I will do some further testing in unranked matches to see if I can hone in on more specifics. It certainly seems like the poison status or something regarding PecharantEX may be affecting the ability.

• EasyRare
    EasyRare Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Just tried teching in some malamars into a dark deck with Pecharant Ex.

I haven’t been able to get it to work, though I used malamars attack after Xeroic Machinations twice. Once after using Pecharant Ex, and once without. Neither time it did anything.

Kind of a bummer. Please fix.

• EasyRare
    EasyRare Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

I just tried this, both with Pecharant Ex’s ability first, and when Malamar was active after being switched in from a knocked out Wheezing.

it didn’t work either time… : (

please fix