Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

EVERY single person plays Archeops and Lugia VStar decks!

basicboii
basicboii Member Posts: 1

Please, something needs to be done. I have faced zero people who play a different deck. Some of the other Pokémon shuffle out, but they never leave the bench anyway because it’s just a Lugia VStar with two Archeops’ on the bench. I just want some verity… please.

Comments

• Infernomaker1
    Infernomaker1 Member Posts: 64 ✭✭
    25 Agrees 5 Likes 10 Comments

Yup, this is what we got for now. Feel your pain. Standard Pokemon tournaments have been the same way with almost 50% of the field playin Lugia. This is just what was created by the Pokemon company when they printed these cards for the Silver Tempest set. We will have a rotation of cards for the standard format in April I believe so we'll have a much different meta game at that point with hopefully much more variety....until then either play casual in expanded, play Lugia or play a hard counter to Lugia.... or something else creative. :-)

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 705 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 25 Answers 100 Likes

I don’t blame anyone for playing Lugia, it’s the most versatile deck ever and can easily be paired with almost anything. If it makes you feel better, I use Eternatus VMAX

• kot123456
    kot123456 Member Posts: 105 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 100 Comments 25 Likes First Anniversary
    edited February 2023 #4

Just wait till rotation when Lugia becomes tier -1 deck, until then you can tech in an 1-1 Aerodactyl if your deck allows it, or play Regis and fight fire with fire. Zoroark box also works but is a bit harder to play

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

@kot123456 Both Lugia and Regis are dead after rotation.

• KingPenguin333
    KingPenguin333 Member Posts: 12
    First Comment 5 Likes Photogenic 5 Agrees

I use Darkrai vstar

• OldManHutch
    OldManHutch Member Posts: 7
    First Answer First Comment 5 Agrees

It's a very dominant deck right now due to its power level and versatile tech attackers. You're going to see a lot of it until the new set and rotation.

• SecretPlayerX
    SecretPlayerX Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Ive only been using hisuian zoroark vstar and honestly have been having a lot of success with it, but personally i see more fusion strike mew variants than anything else as of lately

• Belguimmaster
    Belguimmaster Member Posts: 31
    5 Agrees 5 Likes 10 Comments Name Dropper

It will change with time, I don't play it i only duel against it