Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Stuck on Waiting for Opponent screen

I played several ranked matches this evening and one of them was stuck on the "Waiting for Opponent" screen for several minutes. It wasn't frozen, visuals and audio were still active, and I could emote. I didn't get any emotes from my opponent. Eventually I forced stop in Task Manager (Windows 11). I didn't want to concede or close the window, in case it would count as a loss against me. I figured this might be a more reliable option (maybe).

When I reopened the app, I was immediately credited a win. I suppose my opponent conceded before I closed the app? Which still sucks because that's just an unfair loss on their part.

Comments

• raziel_5
    raziel_5 Member Posts: 13
    First Comment Name Dropper

I am dealing with that same situation after my opponent took a mulligan and they reconnected. I think I'll try using task manager and see if I get the same result. I think it gave me experience but not sure if it gave me a win, loss, or a tie?

• Mod_Bee
    Mod_Bee Moderator Posts: 323 mod
    25 LOLs 5 Agrees 25 Likes 5 Answers

Hi Trainers! Thank you for bringing the issue to our attention. We'd like to check into this and see what's going on to prevent future instances. Can you please submit a ticket to our support team? They'll gather all the necessary details and investigate. To do that, go to support.pokemon.com, click on the Pokémon Trading Card Game Live link, and then hit "Contact Us." Thanks!