Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Rotom Phone and Mew VMax decks

ShiningLancer
ShiningLancer Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
Second Anniversary 100 Comments Combo Breaker Name Dropper

Rotom phone is potentially causing many game breaking bugs. The bugs happen at random and there appears to be no reliable way to reproduce them. The most common bug is that cards will display with the wrong image in your hand.

These bugs do not happen when you play a Mew VMax deck without rotom phone.

Examples pre-March 24 patch

[Edited by Mod_Ice: Please be aware only official Pokémon URLs are allowed on the forum]

Comments

• ShiningLancer

Since offsite links are not allowed, a summary of the deleted links:

1) a pre-March 24 patch clip from TrainerChip titled "PTCG Live is a Broken Game" where cards were in improper zones.

2) a pre-March 24 patch clip from FlexDaddy titled "This should NEVER happen in a game of Pokemon..." where Genesect V drew a pokemon from the bench into the hand and search cards were broken.

3) a post-March 24 patch stream from AzulGG titled "The Power of Cups! | !codes" near the 1h 55min mark where a switching cups had the image of a quick ball instead.

• Mod_haruichii
    Mod_haruichii Member Posts: 31
    5 Likes First Comment First Answer Photogenic

Hi Trainer!

Thank you for reporting this issue. I'll let the development team review it. In the meantime, please let us know if you have any additional information about this issue.

• Eliotcaleb
    Eliotcaleb Member Posts: 0

I just can't play Rotom Phone in Mew deck. Everytime it appear in screen the game crash.

• Mod_Butterfly
    Mod_Butterfly Member Posts: 67 mod
    First Answer First Anniversary 10 Comments

Thank you for reporting this. I'll escalate this to the development team for review.

• ShiningLancer

The visual bugs still exist as of the latest patch. While playing the Brisbane winning mew list that contains rotom phone, I had oricorio appear as an echoing horn and a switch appear as double turbo energy.

• ShiningLancer

The game breaking bugs still happen too.

• Drew cramomatic with rotom phone image
    • Played the PhoneCram and flipped heads to successfully search out a card
    • Next turn attempted elesas sparkle and all cards in deck were transparent and could not select Done to cancel the search. Toggling valid and invalid cards made a re-ordering animation play on the deck.
    • Next turn attempted quickball with the same result.
    • Attempted to use fusion strike system to draw 1 card. A large low-res image of cramomatic appeared and the game broke. Genesect and cramomatic were stuck floating and the game would not progress.
  • ShiningLancer

I put rotom phone into a zacian/arceus deck and eventually got similar results.

• Played phone and saw 2 metal energy. Could not select either one to put on top of the deck.
    • Tried to play a metal energy that ended up being an ultra ball.
    • Tried to play a quick ball that ended up being an ultra ball.
    • Attacked with Arceus's Trinity Nova and all cards in deck were transparent. Toggling valid and invalid cards made a re-ordering animation play on the deck. Was able to cancel the search without selecting energy.

• Tgurneu
    Tgurneu Member Posts: 37
    Name Dropper 5 Agrees 5 Likes 10 Comments

Adding some personal experiencing of this glitch. Playing a match with Mew VMAX list with 4 Rotom Phone.

• Used 3 copies without apparent issues. No glitched deck, no cards swapped around, game proceeded as usual.
    • On my opponent's turn, they played a Marnie. My deck shuffled in mid-air, then froze in place. Nothing appeared to happen, though face reactions from both my rival and myself seemed to work.
    • Can't tell for sure, but it appeared the game kept running on their end based on what reactions they did. I can confirm though, while in this seemingly frozen status the timer for acting showed up, then disappeared once time ran out. My opponent's timer never stopped counting down, but it seemed like the match continued with me not doing anything. Had a connection issue later on, and when reloading the match was over and I had lost (based on losing ladder points)