Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Scream Tail (PAR 86) Roaring Scream failed to apply damage

I was playing a game earlier, and I was gonna use Scream Tail's Roaring Scream to knock out an opponent's Benched Teal Mask Ogerpon ex. My Scream Tail had 130 damage on it (thanks to Bravery Charm) and I was gonna hit the Ogerpon ex for 260. Instead of knocking it out, the damage just went away and the Ogerpon stayed on the Bench, and my turn ended. There was nothing on the field that prevented the damage, nor were there any cards played the turn before that negated it. I got robbed or a 2-Prize advantage, and I'm really not thrilled about it.

Comments

• 10types
    10types Member Posts: 238 ✭✭✭
    25 Agrees 5 Answers 25 Likes Name Dropper

Teal Mask Ogerpon ex is a Tera Pokemon so its immune to bench damage

• WhyAmIHere0402
    WhyAmIHere0402 Member Posts: 2
    First Comment First Anniversary Name Dropper

I will admit when I goofed. I didn't read the card close enough, that's my bad.😅

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Answers 100 LOLs 500 Comments 250 Agrees

@WhyAmIHere0402 Even if you read it, that mistake happens to the best, I've been playing this game for ages and I admit I made similar mistakes… forgetting some cards are Tera Pokemon😅not so much now because there are a lot of bench sniping going in this meta and got more used to that little Tera thingy, but for new players it's natural to miss it.

• SmartySeth
    SmartySeth Member Posts: 15
    10 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary

@DoubleCure Does Manaphy block Drifloon and Scream Tail?

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Answers 100 LOLs 500 Comments 250 Agrees

Yes, Manaphy protects the bench Pokemon from Scream Tail atack.

But Drifloon doesn't atack the bench, it only atacks the active... so Manaphy ability it's not important in that case.