Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Two Pokemon in my active position at the same time

ShiningLancer
ShiningLancer Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
Second Anniversary 100 Comments Combo Breaker Name Dropper

I tried to promote a pokemon following a knockout but two of my pokemon ended up in the active position instead. I think the game thought I had timed out and auto-promoted before checking if I had made a selection. The pokemon I chose to promote could not attack or be removed from the active with switching cards.

This bug is my fault because I was playing on a slow PC near the minimum specs and no GPU so every animation is excruciatingly slow and long. Currently, I miss almost every turn my opponent doesn't take a ko and often miss getting to choose an active pokemon during the setup phase. Maybe the devs could make animations skip a few frames on slow devices so that they can keep up with the flow of the game.

Comments

• Mod_haruichii
    Mod_haruichii Member Posts: 31
    5 Likes First Comment First Answer Photogenic

Hey @ShiningLancer, good catch!

Thank you for reporting this. I'll let the development team review this issue. In the meantime, please let us know if you have any additional information about this issue.

• Tgurneu
    Tgurneu Member Posts: 37
    Name Dropper 5 Agrees 5 Likes 10 Comments

Just stumbled upon this same issue. Not sure how truthful this might be, but it appeared as though I got it triggered when setting up, being on a countdown to act. Both dreepy got placed in the active spot (one as an actual pokémon, one as a card with the "playable" arrow on its top side).

One counted as a card in my hand, and not as a Pokémon in play, regarding Genesect's "Fusion Strike System" ability. It didn't unbug when using rare candy on the active Dreepy (forgot to test retreating though). When using an ultra ball, having two Dragapult in hand alongside the bugged Dreepy, I only got the two Dragapult offered for discard.

Hopefully this can be figured out and solved for next patch, whenever that's done...

• Mod_Butterfly
    Mod_Butterfly Member Posts: 67 mod
    First Answer First Anniversary 10 Comments

Thanks for the report! I will be sure to share this with the development team for them to further investigate this issue. As for updates, please be sure to check the forums. Thanks for making us aware of this issue.

• TechHog
    TechHog Member Posts: 2,739 ✭✭✭✭
    2500 Comments Second Anniversary 500 Agrees 250 Likes

If your PC is that slow, you're at least playing at the lowest possible resolution, right?

• ShiningLancer
    ShiningLancer Member Posts: 141 ✭✭✭
    Second Anniversary 100 Comments Combo Breaker Name Dropper

@TechHog

I did set it to the minimum resolution but the game is graphically intensive.

It also runs just as slow on my Moto G6 which is a phone from 2018.

I guess the pc (i3 2100 with 8gb ram from 2011) was not actually near min specs (processors from 2005).

I'm back on my other pc (i5 2400 with 8gb ram and a gtx 650 card) and the game runs perfectly fine.

Edit. Terrible spacing because the forum filter hates two sentences in a row.