Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

My meowscarada

My meowscarada has this moveset. It holds Choice scarf.

Flower trick

Knock off

Sucker Punch

Trick

Any suggestions?

Comments

• puplover1118
    puplover1118 Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees First Anniversary 25 Likes

Why have both Knock-off and Trick? Don't both moves fill the same niche of removing/changing the opponent's item? Also, Knock-off with Choice Scarf seems painful after the first move.

• Candy0_o
    Candy0_o Member Posts: 182 ✭✭
    5 LOLs 100 Comments Photogenic Name Dropper

Oh. That makes sense.

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 25 Answers 100 Likes

Instead of trick, I would run Tera Fairy Tera Blast to surprise the Dragon Types.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 1,986 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers

Maybe some more type coverage as it only knows STAB moves. Which is a good strategy in some cases, so maybe it doesn't actually matter. I don't know, I don't play competitive.

Maybe U-turn would be a good addition, so just in case you run into a dangerous Pokémon, you can deal damage while switching out Meowscarada for a better option against whatever you're fighting. And there's no need to worry about the Choice Scarf since you switch out immediately. I'm not sure if this is actually a good strategy though, I don't play competitive.

And maybe you can also find a good moveset or inspiration on Smogon and Pokémon Showdown.

• Candy0_o

I was thinking of grassy glide instead of sucker punch. Sucker punch is more of a gamble.

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 25 Answers 100 Likes

I think this is a good set for Meowscarada.

Item: Choice Band

Ability: Protean

Tera Type: Fairy

EVs: 4 HP / 236 Atk / 4 Def / 12 SpD / 252 Spe

Jolly Nature

• Flower Trick
    • Knock Off
    • U-turn
    • Tera Blast

I personally run this with Leftovers Dondozo, Choice Scarf Tatsugiri, Covert Cloak Murkrow, Safety Goggles Incineroar, and Pixie Plate (or Fairy Feather) Sylveon.

• Candy0_o

My meowscarada does have protean. But I think I will do Tera Blast instead of grassy glide. Thank you! :)

• Darkbirt
    Darkbirt Member Posts: 48
    Name Dropper First Answer 5 Agrees Photogenic

Looks like a good team, however watch out for using to many choice items. It limits the move options of you're Pokémon. this becomes a problem at the end of the battle. You will lose access to defending moves and if you're locked with both Pokémon in a single move that is ineffective against the opponent then you've got a problem. Example: Pokémon A is locked in a normal type move and Pokémon B is locked in a Ghost type move and suddenly Hisuian Zoroark comes out and you can guess how the battles ends.

• Candy0_o

I see what you mean. It's why I have trick on mine. Instead of limiting my moves, it limits the opponents.