Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

What's is it

Ishant-poke
Ishant-poke Member Posts: 1
Photogenic

What's most satisfying thing in game?

Answers

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Answers 100 LOLs 500 Comments 250 Agrees

Winning.

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

For me I would say when I finally settle on a team I am happy to use for my playthrough, and I have purged it of the early route filler Pokémon.

That or when I overcome a tough gym leader, elite four member or other battle that I had been struggling with, either because they are naturally challenging or my team gimmick made them challenging.

Beating the champion and finishing the game sounds like it would be, but in practice it is bittersweet because it means my time with the game, its narrative and characters has come to a close.

Yes, the post-game content is often more challenging in the games that offer it, but it lacks a lot of the narrative weight and character that made playing the story compelling for me.

Picking a starter and embarking on a fresh run with all its potential is another satisfying moment.

• puplover1118
    puplover1118 Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees First Anniversary 25 Likes

@TheJeffers I feel called out… I typically solidify my team early in the game, so I'm more prone to using early game Pokemon.

• Tacolaser
    Tacolaser Member Posts: 536 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 5 Answers 25 Agrees 25 Likes

One of my favorite moments is when the story comes to a satisfying close. Although, as @TheJeffers said, it can be bittersweet.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

when I find a shiny during my initial playthrough and getting to use it in future battles or just listening to the music the game has

• TheJeffers
    TheJeffers Member Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭✭
    1000 Comments 500 Agrees 250 LOLs First Anniversary

Use whatever you like. Usually I will have already had a playthrough, perhaps my first, in which I used those Pokémon and I am deliberately trying to use something I hadn't tried before on subsequent playthroughs.

I often box my starter for the same reason.

• Jadite
    Jadite Member Posts: 305 ✭✭
    25 LOLs 25 Agrees 100 Comments Name Dropper

When you get the insta catch on a rare Mon!

• MonstaDash
    MonstaDash Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    Photogenic 5 Agrees First Anniversary 5 Likes

Having a proper ending that doesn't feel anti-climactic or make it feel like everything done up until that point doesn't matter.