Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

iOS version battery and heat issues

Comments

• PokeMaster4oo5
    PokeMaster4oo5 Member Posts: 5
    First Comment Photogenic

Couldn't have agreed more

I'm on my new iPhone 13 Pro and my battery overheats way too fast. My phone has quite literally been too hot to touch due to this error.

• Tomiiruu
    Tomiiruu Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Hi there.

I tested the app on Android (Redmi Note 10S) and the battery drain was too fast. Also, the phone overheated until I cannot play anymore. The main camera wouldn't work, for example.

In contrast, I didn't have those problems with Pokémon TCG online (old version).

• Chicoz76
    Chicoz76 Member Posts: 12
    First Anniversary 5 Likes 5 Agrees 10 Comments

They don’t care. It’s been like this since day 1. This game is killing devices. Horrible.

• Grimmjow1219
    Grimmjow1219 Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

This is incredible . I just got in to this game and I really like it. But my battery is draining wayy too fast and the phone gets way to hot . I’m loosing 18% of battery for each match!

• BeaverOfTroy
    BeaverOfTroy Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Decided to download and try Live, but after only about 10 minutes had to make the decision to quit the app because it was making my iPhone 14 so hot and drained the battery 10%. Definitely a major let down and won’t be returning until it is fixed. RIP Pokémon TCG Online.

• Zaek_
    Zaek_ Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

Hi there, iPhone 12 Mini user here with the same issue as everyone else, phone over heating and battery draining extremely fast. Thanks for trying to help us, hopefully you guys find a fix soon since we’re in to the new year. I’d love to play this game all year but not if I’m gonna sacrifice a phone battery for it lol.

• PachirisuFan1
    PachirisuFan1 Member Posts: 188 ✭✭✭
    5 LOLs 25 Likes First Anniversary 100 Comments

I've been having this same problem, also on an iPhone 12 mini, and I have yet to see it improve much. I can reduce some of the heating by using low power mode but keeping a charger plugged into my phone is basically mandatory for playing for more than maybe half an hour at best before the battery is getting ready to die.

I know the 12 mini is a slightly older model (2020) but the one I'm using is still brand new, it's only been out of the box for a few months and the ram usage from the mobile client still seems excessive.

• the_last_one
    the_last_one Member Posts: 1
    First Comment

2023 and my phone gets so hot playing this it won’t charge lol

• CrKnight
    CrKnight Member Posts: 2
    First Comment

Happy 10 months of this being a continued problem on what appears to be all mobile devices. I’m playing on an iPhone 12 and it is burning hot when the game is running. I’ve never experienced this before with any other app.

• Frade
    Frade Member Posts: 12
    First Answer 10 Comments 5 Agrees Name Dropper

I have same issues on my iOS and iPadOS devices.

I assume it's because of all the debug code that is enabled?

Please reassure us that we aren't going to be stuck with this energy-hog of a game.