Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Pokémon SV ID: Why Terapagos is a Total Failure

BlaziiBoi
BlaziiBoi Member Posts: 256
25 LOLs 100 Comments 25 Likes Name Dropper

Imagine having Tera Blast, a move specifically based off Tera energy, and you find the Pokémon made of THE Tera energy, but they can't even learn Tera Blast. I'm an Asian tier list, Terapagos belongs on FAILURE!!! What idiot has no idea how to use the move they were known for? Oh, I know! THE STINKIN' TURTLE WHO IS A DUMMY AND IS NEVER A GOOD IDEA TO USE IN COMPETITIVE PLAY!!! The only thing it was good at was beating a Poison Tera Type Swampert with the Mightiest Mark!

Comments

• BlaziiBoi

Oh, poop. I made an error. It was IN an Asian tier list, not I'M an Asian tier list. Ignore the error.😣😩😳😢

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

For starters, It's very weak to the point that my pokemon can easily beat it.

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,707 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs

not all legendary Pokémon are strong or competitively valuable but that doesn’t mean they are failures people still may like that pokemon for example regigigas though super strong has the menacing ability slow start but it has its use in super mystery dungeon if you attach a nullify looplet to get rid of slow start regigigas is a beast especially with crushing grip plus NO mythical is competitively valid for the pure fact that they are competitively banned

• BlaziiBoi

You just kind of insulted a Pokémon I turned human so it could have feelings😠

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 690 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 25 Answers 100 Likes

I think you’re all forgetting that Terapagos placed 2nd in it’s first

• BlaziiBoi

So what? He's an Asian Failure.

• A-Dawgs
    A-Dawgs Member Posts: 9
    First Comment Name Dropper

I'm with BlaziiBoi. Terapagos low-key kinda sucks. Ogerpon, on the other, hand is broken. Pokémon Scarlet, please make Teraoagos stronger!!! 😡

• A-Dawgs
    A-Dawgs Member Posts: 9
    First Comment Name Dropper

My bad i meant Tearpagos

• FallenFurfrou
    FallenFurfrou Member Posts: 152 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 25 Likes 5 LOLs 100 Comments

I agree to Terapagos' shortcomings. For one, I expected it to know Tera Blast by level-up, but I was genuinely shocked to find that it can't even learn it by TM! Even to this day I have found no logical reason why Terapagos, the inventor of the Terastal phenomenon, with a signature move that's practically a step up from Tera Blast in both power and range, would somehow be completely incompatible with Tera Blast!

And my second point of contention is that the Normal Form has a full stat spread that it's completely unable to use because its Tera Shift ability activates upon the turn it enters battle (regular and Auto), automatically transforming it into its Terastal form. I would be fine with this if the normal form had no listed stat spread or had the exact same stat spread as its Terastal Form, but that is very much not the case.