Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Pokemon Legends Z-A: Past or Future Setting

MajorBrendan
MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭
100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

based on what we saw in the teaser trailer, what time frame do you think Pokemon Legends Z-A will take place in? The Past or the Future?

Best Answers

• clasingla
    clasingla Member Posts: 2,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    500 Agrees 50 Answers 250 Likes 100 LOLs
    #2 Answer ✓

past

• Tacolaser
    Tacolaser Member Posts: 536 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 5 Answers 25 Agrees 25 Likes
    #3 Answer ✓

I sincerely hope that PLZ-A will take place in the past, but considering themes the S/V games and the futuristic feel of the trailer, I am afraid it might take place in the future.

Answers

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 545 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 100 Likes

we travel from the future to the past, that's why it's named Z-A and why in the trailer we see talonflame become a fletchling

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 545 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 100 Likes

also the lumiose map looks more complex than in XY so I don't think this is the past and they just gave up on making it pokemon friendly

• Acornyo
    Acornyo Member Posts: 717 ✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 100 LOLs 50 Answers 500 Comments

I think it'll take place in the past. It's a LEGEND after all, and LEGENDS can't come from the future if we live in modern-day, seeing as though LEGENDS are supposed to be old tales passed on.

Case closed.

• YagoFuecoco
    YagoFuecoco Member Posts: 383 ✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 5 Answers 5 LOLs 100 Comments

I imagine that it would take place in the future, especially considering that we had a Pokémon game set in the past (Pokémon Legends Arceus), a Pokémon game set in the present and linked to the past and future (Pokémon Scarlet and Violet) and now, To top it all off, the only thing missing is a Futuristic Pokémon game (which would be Pokémon Legends Z-A) and also, because the game takes place entirely in a city, I imagine it's really in the future.

• Eremas
    Eremas Member Posts: 813 ✭✭✭
    100 LOLs 100 Likes 100 Agrees 500 Comments

Past because who would want a legends game in the present or future? AmIRight?!

• MajorBrendan
    MajorBrendan Member Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭✭
    100 Answers 100 Likes First Anniversary 1000 Comments

@Eremas one way to find out via second trailer.