Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Go Battle League

2»

Comments

• Jgcole83
    Jgcole83 Member Posts: 26
    10 Comments

Entered a battle tonight and it gets errored out

Come back in get the same trainer except this time he has all my counters.

The battle that errored out didn't count as a win or loss and I'm sure it's just a horrible coincidence that I got him when I requed and totally a coincidence he changed over to everything that counters my lineup.

• Jgcole83
    10 Comments

Maybe chat gpt can help this company out

Here’s a detailed explanation of why there is significant cheating in Pokémon GO Battle League:

1. Competitive Nature

The Pokémon GO Battle League (GBL) is a competitive platform where players aim to rank up and showcase their skills. The competitive nature of the game drives some players to cheat to gain an edge. They want to climb the ranks quickly, earn prestige, and prove their dominance.

2. Inadequate Security Measures

Despite Niantic’s ongoing efforts to curb cheating, the game’s security measures can sometimes be insufficient to prevent all forms of cheating. Cheaters are continually finding and exploiting new vulnerabilities in the game’s code. Niantic frequently updates its anti-cheat mechanisms, but it’s a constant cat-and-mouse game with those who develop cheats.

3. Technological Advancements

The availability of advanced third-party software and bots makes it easier for players to cheat. These tools can manipulate the game in various ways:

GPS Spoofing: Allows players to fake their location to catch region-specific Pokémon or spin PokéStops in other areas without physically being there.

Bots: Automate the gameplay, including perfect timing on moves, automatically switching Pokémon, and executing precise dodges.

Modified APKs: Custom versions of the game with enhanced features that provide unfair advantages.

4. Desire for Rewards

The Battle League offers significant rewards, such as rare Pokémon, exclusive items, and in-game currency. The desire to obtain these rewards quickly and efficiently can tempt players to cheat. The higher the rank, the better the rewards, so players might resort to cheating to maximize their gains.

5. Frustration with Matchmaking

The matchmaking system in GBL can sometimes feel unfair, especially if players frequently encounter opponents with much stronger Pokémon or better teams. This frustration can lead to a feeling of helplessness, driving some players to cheat as a way to level the playing field or counteract what they perceive as an unfair system.

6. Cultural Factors

In some gaming cultures, cheating might not carry the same stigma as it does in others. For some players, winning by any means necessary is acceptable, and they might not see cheating as a significant ethical breach. This cultural perspective can influence the prevalence of cheating in the game.

7. Community Influence

Cheating can spread through community influence. When players see others cheating and not facing immediate consequences, they might be more inclined to cheat themselves. This creates a ripple effect, where cheating becomes more normalized within the community.

8. Economic Incentives

There’s also a market for selling high-level accounts, rare Pokémon, and in-game items for real money. Some players cheat to farm these resources and sell them, turning cheating into a profitable enterprise.

9. Lack of Immediate Consequences

Sometimes, players cheat because they feel the risk of getting caught is low or that the consequences are not severe enough. If bans and penalties are not immediate or sufficiently deterrent, players might feel that cheating is worth the risk.

Niantic’s Response

Niantic has been actively working to combat cheating through:

Regular updates to their anti-cheat systems.

Banning accounts that are found to be using third-party software.

Encouraging community reporting of suspected cheaters.

Implementing new detection methods to identify and address cheating more effectively.

However, given the scale of the game and the ingenuity of cheaters, it remains an ongoing challenge.

Cheating in Pokémon GO Battle League undermines the spirit of fair competition and can frustrate legitimate players. Continuous efforts from developers and the community are necessary to maintain a level playing field.

• Jgcole83
    10 Comments

First game of the day Mandibuzz comes out and does 3 aerial assault followed up with two instant dark pulses.

Solid game play.

• Jgcole83
    10 Comments

Next on the list.

Jelicent comes out toe to toe with Mantine pushes one fast attack and then does two shadow ball charged attacks back to back

Fix your garbage game

• Jgcole83
    10 Comments

Next on the list use a shield and have focus blast ready to go.

Come out spamming it watching the attack light up 4 times but not go off only to have the opponent get theirs off.

75 Cr loss at 2200 plus Cr.

FIX YOUR GAME

• Jgcole83
    10 Comments

Jfc how is it possible for this company to do nothing for seasons on end.

If you participate in high end play for gbl you'd have 0 respect for tournament play because you would quickly come to the realization that you would have to be of the mindset of, "if you can't beat them join em," when it comes to cheating.

You can have days where it's like....This is okay but then you hit these pockets where it's nothing but bots or people who you should literally counter just spamming charged attacks.

I mean it's so blatantly bad I just don't understand how or why they don't maintain the game.

Maybe the company just likes to troll the player base?

• Jgcole83
    10 Comments

Like doing something or anything would be better than this company just sitting on their hands.

Bunch of monkeys banging around on keyboards from what I can tell.

• Jgcole83
    10 Comments

GBL is literally unplayable

• Jgcole83
    10 Comments

Garbage company and garbage game.

Not worth the time invested!!!

• HGemini93
    HGemini93 Member Posts: 92 ✭✭
    10 Comments 5 Agrees 5 LOLs 5 Likes

I battled someone in pvp just the other day and was perplexed why they magically were able to use another shield when they had already used up their two…so unfair. Lost the match because of this, ugh.