Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Why can't I edit my discussion post?

Answers

• DoubleCure
    DoubleCure Member Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    50 Answers 100 LOLs 500 Comments 250 Agrees

That's the million TCG Live coins question.

We had the Edit button a year ago or so, back then we could edit it within 1 hour after the original post, then they just removed it without any explation 🤷‍♀️ it's weired, I can't recall any other forum without that option. It's nonesence if you ask me.

• Ravenclawed1234
    Ravenclawed1234 Member Posts: 691 ✭✭✭✭
    500 Comments 250 Agrees 25 Answers 100 Likes

long story short, when the forums opened to the public about a year ago, some trolls decided to have some inappropriate fun and I assume used the edit button to get away with it. I myself wasn’t on during that time, but I did see what was going on via YouTube, which is why I was inactive during that time.

• DoubleCure

@Ravenclawed1234 This forum has opened to the public more then 2 years ago...

If the reason to remove it was just because some people abused it, that would be very weired and lazy... since basically all the forums have it.

I'm using this forum for more then 2 years and never notice sigificant abuse of the Edit option at all. Also the button was olny enabled for 1 hour after the post witch was fine.

And then they did just removed that option last year without any explanation so who really knows their bizarre reasons.

• Flametix
    Flametix Member Posts: 545 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees 100 LOLs 100 Likes

I'm using this forum for more then 2 years and never notice sigificant abuse of the Edit option at all. Also the button was olny enabled for 1 hour after the post witch was fine.

you probably weren't online on july 4th 2023 to see it, search up official pokemon forums announcement for what happen when they announced this as a forum not just for tcg complaints

• DoubleCure

@Flametix yes, I was using it when they annouced that, but the forum already existed way before...

The forum was basically the same, but with mostly TCG players using it, the only sigificant change after that announcement was that more people came specially from other Pokémon games and in general the discussion threads became more silly/childish.

But still not a good reason to remove the Edit option, I don't see how removing it helps… people can just post again to correct some typo, etc.

And for other abuse cases they can still create new accouts... the moderators should use their tools to find abusers and act on it instead of removing common features ijs...

• Flametix

@Flametix yes, I was using it when they annouced that, but the forum already existed way before...

and pokemon made an article announcing it existed which made it go from a few thousand people just complaining about bugs to over 40000 users based on the recent member IDs, the general public did not know about it before

https://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-news/get-together-with-fellow-trainers-on-the-pokemon-community-forums

The forum was basically the same, but with mostly TCG players using it, the only sigificant change after that announcement was that more people came specially from other Pokémon games and in general the discussion threads became more silly/childish.

also there was lots of inappropriate posting on that one day that led to all the features like signatures and polls being removed, again it was pretty big in social media, if you didn't notice any abuse then you probably weren't on for that one day

• Flametix

and the mods did ban the abusers, that's why they aren't here anymore

• DoubleCure

The announcement was 1 year ago and you are comparing the recent user ids to come up with few thousand to 40000 users increase? maybe you would make more sence to compare the day before with a few weeks after or so? Come on… a year later... lol

Anyway, that is irrelevant. My point is that even if there were lots of inappropriate posts (witch there really weren't that many), the decision to remove basic forum features that many similar platforms have... platforms with way more active users (and way more "abusers") was a silly decision.

As you can see with this thread and dozens of similar ones, people want to be able to edit posts... remove basic features like the Edit was a bad move, people that abuse should be punished with ban in some cases like they did sure.

I don't see what's your point defending their decision hover a button that is useful and "all" forums have.

• Flametix

Where am I defending them? My first post in this thread is showing this is a long term complaint. I'm just explaining for context why they did it since you didn't seem to be aware of any reason why the events of a year ago led to the removal of numerous features and didn't notice any of the abuse as you said.