Welcome to the official Pokémon Forums!

Click here to review our official Rules & Guidelines.

Fan made Regions

BlaziiBoi
BlaziiBoi Member Posts: 261
25 LOLs 100 Comments 25 Likes Name Dropper

What regions have you made based off real-world countries or U.S. states? Mine is Indonesia.

Best Answers

• CherryFizz507
    CherryFizz507 Member Posts: 194 ✭✭
    5 Answers 100 Comments Name Dropper 5 Agrees
    #2 Answer ✓

I have made a New York themed region with each burrow becoming it’s own section.

• CherryFizz507
    #3 Answer ✓

And 3 gyms per burrow, and each member of the elite 4 being spread out in each burrow after the 3 gyms. The 5th burrow you do will have the champion waiting to challenge you.

• CherryFizz507
    #4 Answer ✓

The evil team was called Team Spark. A company that wants to take control over the entire region and gain control over the government of the region. It’s a lot like team rocket. At the top of the corporate command is the evil CEO, Raliea. (Ruh-al-e-ah)

• CherryFizz507
    #5 Answer ✓

@puplover1118 Unova is based on America as a whole, not just New York. And barely anyone likes Unova, just the Black and White Pokémon games.

• puplover1118
    puplover1118 Member Posts: 521 ✭✭✭
    500 Comments 100 Agrees First Anniversary 25 Likes
    #6 Answer ✓

@CherryFizz507 if Unova is based on the entirety of America, then why would Alola exist? It's a part of the U.S., and Game Freak doesn't seem to like to overlap inspirations for the regions.

• CherryFizz507
    #7 Answer ✓

@puplover1118 Even if it is solely based on New York, it isn’t that good of a region anyway.

• Yodude73
    Yodude73 Member Posts: 61 ✭✭
    Name Dropper 5 Agrees 5 Likes 5 LOLs
    #8 Answer ✓

I looked it up, and Unova is based off of new York city specifically. Game Director Junichi Masuda confirmed it.

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers
    #9 Answer ✓

Saying no one likes Unova is one of the biggest lies I have heard in the past few weeks. I like it. It's characters and towns were amazing. It's one of the most popular regions.

• WildWorld1996
    WildWorld1996 Member Posts: 50
    5 LOLs 5 Likes 10 Comments Photogenic
    #10 Answer ✓

At one point, I started working on a region based on Brazil, with the name being Mundorna. Mundorna comes from Mundo (the Portuguese word for world) and Ornamentar (the Portuguese word for ornament). I haven't really worked on it for a while, but there are some Pokémon I've made for it. For example, the starters are the Cria Pokémon, Calfalfa, the Fire Snake Pokémon, Snakelit, and the Tadpole Pokémon, Tadplip.

• BlaziiBoi
    BlaziiBoi Member Posts: 261
    25 LOLs 100 Comments 25 Likes Name Dropper
    #11 Answer ✓

So, basically, your region is called "world ornament"? LMBO!

• UnovanZorua
    UnovanZorua Member Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Anniversary 250 Likes 500 Agrees 50 Answers
    #12 Answer ✓

If you accept an answer on the second page of the question, the comment/answer disappears. I think at least, I haven't checked if they disappear for anyone else.

Answers